Turnover

Artee

It's a FACT. Especially in my area.

Cool...Post a link or two so we can read all about it. Would love to see your sources proving that guys are only staying for 6 months and then bailing. Your overactive imagination is getting the better of you again. What RT is it so we can start looking in JCATS and see all these job openings at this location. I know, I know...You don't have any proof.

Artee

You need your permit, before applying for one of those measly, 17.5 hr. PT RTD positions.

You are required to get your permit within a couple weeks of accepting the RT position, before you are released from your courier, handler, etc....job, so when you start at the RT you have it in hand.

And like Mr. FDX, I have plenty of RTD friends that verified, they are hiring drivers that already have a "Class A".

Thats great to hear. Maybe that will be coming to an RT near me. Would love to get some new guys off the street that have zero seniority instead of the 30 year employees that keep transferring it. You do know that if you are already with express and have a class A, that you don't automatically get the job based on the fact that you have that license. It still goes by CEV points.

Artee

Do you realize how much FedEx spends, to train an RTD?

Yes...I am an RT driver...:eek:

You would think, they would want to RETAIN that person for more than six months, right?

You keep repeating this same mantra that you continue pulling out of your crack. By your theory that RT drivers are leaving in droves as soon as their 6 month commitment is up, JCATS should have 40-50 RT jobs posted every week. On average I see about 8-10. Surely not the numbers indicating that people are running for the door as you claim.

Here's another question to go ask your manager.

*ha*

And what would you like me to ask him for you, that has not already been answered in this thread. Its already been stated(by more than myself) that you do not to have a class a license to apply for an RT job.

Are you an RT driver or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn last night? You are getting bad information from your RT drivers, which is probably the case since you say they are staying for less than 6 months so they must not really understand the job or they are doing what RT drivers do best. Starting rumors and stirring the pot. Throw some entertaining half truths out there and watch how it spreads.

yadig

You are required to get your permit within a couple weeks of accepting the RT position, before you are released from your courier, handler, etc....job, so when you start at the RT you have it in hand.

Thats great to hear. Maybe that will be coming to an RT near me. Would love to get some new guys off the street that have zero seniority instead of the 30 year employees that keep transferring it. You do know that if you are already with express and have a class A, that you don't automatically get the job based on the fact that you have that license. It still goes by CEV points.
Just look at the latest employee number. We can't keep PT RTD's and the FT'ers are killing the OT. The latest rumor is that there gonna top RTD's out quicker. Just can't make a PT trucker stay when he can get a full time job else were. Just wish Obummer would have helped us out! Guess him and ol reid are to busy worried bout those hard working illegals..

thedownhillEXPRESS

Just look at the latest employee number. We can't keep PT RTD's and the FT'ers are killing the OT. The latest rumor is that there gonna top RTD's out quicker. Just can't make a PT trucker stay when he can get a full time job else were. Just wish Obummer would have helped us out! Guess him and ol reid are to busy worried bout those hard working illegals..
It never ceases to amaze me how unfunny the anti Obama crowd is with their super lame all the same jokes.

DontThrowPackages

Ben....
IMG_70367460353088.jpeg

vantexan

Benghazi! Fast and Furious! Obamacare! Solyndra! Trillion+ deficits! NSA! Guantanamo! Drone strikes on American citizens! Unemployment! Multimillion dollar vacations! The Beer Summit! Selective enforcement of laws! Negotiating with terrorists! VA waiting lists! And thank goodness the Republicans captured the House in 2010 or we'd have Cap and Trade!

Serf

No, but can you really blame that on the president?
Honestly, not entirely. But with all these scandals and empty promises, and hollow actions by our Government I feel like it's easy for the American People to lose focus. At work the other day, my coworkers had no clue that Sgt. Bergdahl was a deserter, and willingly left his outpost. And that men had died in the search effort for him. I asked them where the hell do they get their news from? Than these two individuals proceeded to debate the Iran-Contra affair under Reagan and tell me about how Republicans negotiate with Terrorists too. =MIND BLOWN. As example #4,672 on how were just lost.

Serf

View attachment 13490 LOL VA waiting list. Vets have been getting screwed long before Obama enter the office. You of all people sure know that.
It's true. The VA has been a pit of dysfunction years before Obama took office. Even though Shisneki and Obama knew of this cover up their was little that could be done once it came to the surface. The sad reality is, not one person associated with this will be prosecuted for a single thing. The G.I. Bill as part of the VA system is also screwed up. As I have several friends who get the monthly living stipend while attending college full time messed with, mainly due to clerical errors. My last year I was overpaid 475.00 unbeknownst to me, (as I took an extra class, and thought it was extra income.) I was told some 6 months later if I don't pay back the monetary error I will have my benefits froze, and eventually wages garnished by the Department of Treasury. HIGH FIVE!

bbsam

Staff member
Honestly, not entirely. But with all these scandals and empty promises, and hollow actions by our Government I feel like it's easy for the American People to lose focus. At work the other day, my coworkers had no clue that Sgt. Bergdahl was a deserter, and willingly left his outpost. And that men had died in the search effort for him. I asked them where the hell do they get their news from? Than these two individuals proceeded to debate the Iran-Contra affair under Reagan and tell me about how Republicans negotiate with Terrorists too. =MIND BLOWN. As example #4,672 on how were just lost.
It's obvious where you get your news from. The military has not labeled Bergdahl a deserter, not charged him as such, nor is it entirely clear that they plan to.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Oooh! I'll play!!

Why did Senate Democrats pass, and the president sign, a budget that didn't include the funding that they wanted?
Why did Congress, when Democrats controlled both houses and held the presidency, skimp on $142 million?

We can also ignore the point that funding had actually increased. What happened in Benghazi wasn't a funding problem.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The military has not labeled Bergdahl a deserter, not charged him as such, nor is it entirely clear that they plan to.

The military may or may not make an official designation one way or the other. I'm sure that there are PR calculations being made and probably political ones as well. One thing is clear, though: at this point no one who served with him and knew him has anything good to say about him. That doesn't carry any official weight, but it speaks volumes.