TV's/Monitors on Shelves

instantK

Why do preloaders put tvs and monitors on the shelves?

Today I had 2 monitor fall from the top, i cant imagine there still good

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Coz they thought it was safer than on the floor or there was no room? I would prefer that over 70 pd boxes loaded on the top of them........................

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's a new directive from corporate. Supposedly they want the preloaders to load as much on the shelves as possible, and avoid loading on the floor whenever possible. Fortunately my loader ignores this silly new flavor of the month.

instantK

Putting 2 monitors on the floor would take up small amount of space would be a much safer location for something as fragile as a monitor.. Putting an over 70's on top of them?

UPSGUY72

If it's palled to a shelf and will fit that is where it goes where it's a bulk stop heavy or what ever. That is what the preload was told to do in are building a couple of months ago. Thankfully most of them let common sense rule.

instantK

It's just kind of sickening to see monitors fall a few feet (or anything that's labeled fragile)....
I'll probably just go in 15-30min PCM and go through my truck and reload some of it...

OptimusPrime

If falling tv's and monitors bother you, don't ever watch how they get unloaded/sorted. Though they are fairly robust. Not moving parts. Plus you can build a fort with the foam inserts that come with HDTV's. Worst case scenario would be a puncture hitting the screen.

HULKAMANIA

Which is why I would never order any type of monitor/tv and have it delivered through us. You are better off going to pick one up locally.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Why? Because that's where the pal system says to put them. Preload, like us drivers, aren't paid to think anymore, we're paid to execute.

UPSGUY72

Things wouldn't be damaged nearly as often if people were allowed a realistic amount of time to properly perform their duties.

I'm sure some knucklehead desk jockey has figure out that the money saved with lower labor cost during the preload more than cover any claims they have to pay. Especially when most people don't insure the package so UPS only pays $100 at the most.

Cementups

Box Monkey

As with any item, if the object is packaged properly then the threat of damage should be minimal at best.

It's just kind of sickening to see monitors fall a few feet (or anything that's labeled fragile)....
I'll probably just go in 15-30min PCM and go through my truck and reload some of it...

Stay out of the package car prior to PCM. You're not getting paid for that time so you shouldn't be handling any packages. Also, if you get hurt while not on the clock then you are SOL..

Which is why I would never order any type of monitor/tv and have it delivered through us. You are better off going to pick one up locally.

I got one through UPS and it was damaged.
Since then, I go to Best Buy or the like.

How do you think those TV's get to those big box stores? BIGGER TRUCKS!!!!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're right because UPS would not get the packages ... FedEx would.

The truth is somewhere in there between the two observations.

If this was the case...then you wouldn't have a choice???

Aren't we selling a service?
Aren't we trying to set ourself apart?
Isn't this our only hope?

BrownArmy

You're right because UPS would not get the packages ... FedEx would.

The truth is somewhere in there between the two observations.

And FedEx would...throw them over the gate?

Come on guy, I know package isn't the money maker it used to be (logistics and all), but surely we can do a little better?

You're not the UPS employee that has to deliver the broken glass-rattling LCD box to our dear customers.

(P.S. we can't sheet them as damages anymore, they're MISSED!)

Things wouldn't be damaged nearly as often if people were allowed a realistic amount of time to properly perform their duties.

No matter what you say HOAX, this remains absolutely true.

No better example of UPS dropping dollars to save nickels...