Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

ww1lp

Anthony in Connecticut
I miss the riverside uniforms. My last pair of pants bit the dust last year. These and the CINTAS before are garbage. The CINTAS would wear out where the diad board would rub on your leg. The twin hills never fit right needed a size larger and they fad much quicker and look terrible. I emailed the new guy this is what I wrote.
A lot of drivers are experiencing rashes and other skin irritations due to the twin hill uniforms quality of fabrics. Alaskan Airline has a class action suite against them. See link
The Riverside uniforms were more true to size and looked 10 times better and lasted twice as long plus made in the USA. Please consider a switch back for the health and well being of UPS.
{ personal info deleted by cheryl }
Thanks for your time sir

Sent from my iPad Air 

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the riverside uniforms. My last pair of pants bit the dust last year. These and the CINTAS before are garbage. The CINTAS would wear out where the diad board would rub on your leg. The twin hills never fit right needed a size larger and they fad much quicker and look terrible. I emailed the new guy this is what I wrote.
A lot of drivers are experiencing rashes and other skin irritations due to the twin hill uniforms quality of fabrics. Alaskan Airline has a class action suite against them. See link
The Riverside uniforms were more true to size and looked 10 times better and lasted twice as long plus made in the USA. Please consider a switch back for the health and well being of UPS.
Thanks for your time sir

Sent from my iPad Air 
You need to edit your post!
Take out your employee,id number.
And change your user name!

Last edited by a moderator:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for your time sir

Sent from my iPad Air 
Please don't post any personally identifiable info here. Your own or anyone else's.

HereWeGoAgain

This is actually pretty serious... I broke out about 3 years ago on my arms and back. Saw a detemotologist & was on antibiotics for almost a year, I think he was clueless. Finally got rid of the rash/ache which I've never had in my life. Then I started having serious stomach problems because of the antibiotics. Ended up having candida overgrowth in my stomach from killing off all the good flora in my stomach which spread throughout my body to my ears and eyes. Had to go on a sugar-free & carbs free diet for 6 months. Finally got it under control and I can say now I'm basically back to normal besides of the dermagraphay (not sure how it's spelled). Which I have never had at any point in my life. If I do find out the uniforms were the start of a this someone's getting sued. All kidding aside guys!!

I'm still relatively new as a driver, but my ankles and lower parts of my feet broke out, and I knew right away it was from the socks. My skin has finally gotten used to it, but I had dark purple spots near the UPS logo on the socks.

Driver7906

I've seen that a link to this thread has been shared on Facebook. Maybe as many of us as possible (or those who want to) should share the link on UPS's official Facebook wall.

HereWeGoAgain

So I forgot I had a few brand new twin hill uniforms(unwashed) and I tested this theory.. Rubbed it very gently on my forearm 10 min later it's splotchy and red and is inching like crazy!! Holy sh!!

Z

ZQXC

Tried to scan all of the posts so this would not be redundant:

Does the condition always itch?

When the rash is already present, does hot water (hot shower)
make the condition worse?

Gini Mic

Tried to scan all of the posts so this would not be redundant:

Does the condition always itch?

When the rash is already present, does hot water (hot shower)
make the condition worse?

Not all of the AFA employees experienced a chemical burn. Other issues included hair loss, asthma, irregular periods, etc... but a lot of people do experience a chemical burn that starts out as small red pimples that look like a heat rash, then they spread and turn into open sores that take forever to heal, get infected easily and itch like poison ivy.

Hot water, sweat and heat in general make it much worse. The chemicals in question (disperse dyes and heavy metals) vaporize in the heat then transfer to your skin and other porous fabrics through sweat and water.

Check the links that Cheryl posted at the top of page 5.

I hope that helps

HereWeGoAgain

Me personally, it usually itches worse when I get out of the shower.. antihistamines are the only thing that will stop the itching and calm the down the hives. But say it is the uniforms why should I have to LIVE off antihistamine just to go to work. I've tried everything changed detergent, bought new washer & dryer, changed soap in the shower. Never thought in a million years it could be our uniforms, but honestly the time line adds up been dealing with it for almost three and half years.( I didn't switch uniforms at first I wore the old ones till they were rags).