Twitter # (the company we work for).WOW the complains

TUT

Piss-poor planning, TUT. No excuse for it, and the big shippers don't like it. Get a clue.

The clue is what you don't want to see due to hatred. There is bandwidth limitations to everything, I was speaking to your sales team last year and this happens each year. When it gets close to the end, everyone starts changing their shipping from ground to express. UPS and Fedex alike. There is only so much lift, you cannot expect reasonably a company to have 10x the capacity for 10 days a year. When Amazon is done reviewing they will conclude like everyone else, there are limits, they know this to, it's not their first rodeo. The thing is no one is going to stop sales. Amazon won't. Fedex/UPS won't say "That's it where done", that risks losing more business the other 355 days.

You are the one with the narrow view. Now will UPS and Fedex do anything? Perhaps, I'm sure they will review it, they least they will do is apologize. Personally I think the best thing to do is the consumer to understand and really just take a moment to think, it's basic math, they just need to order earlier, weeks earlier. I had one thing not make it, it was coming from UPS, but after review, it was the shipper that held the package for 3 days before releasing. Now I made sure that product wasn't the oh so overused "Ruined Christmas" gift. We all are consumers, I mean come on these people need the adjustment more than Fedex or UPS if the gifts are that damn important and if so buy locally. The bigger issue is how our gifts can mess with critical packages, medicinal etc, that have more importance of making it there on time.

Any company can get their system blown out.

Now you know how good or bad the planning was, however it isn't seen on the outside, to me/us it looks like you got a :censored2: load of packages dropped on you late game and some didn't make it, a negative person will call it bad planning, a reasonable one imo looks at it with no surprise at all, bad planning or not. I hope there are things your company can do to make it all better, but there will always be a point where it won't be able to handle the volume. So again it goes back to customer shopping behavior, we have brains, we should see patterns.

I'll have my performance numbers about a week into January.

TUT

Amazon has been working on this for awhile----this Peak may give them the boost to put their plans in to action.

Perhaps could be a blessing to everyone. Consumer then has one point of blame on failure, no escape for Amazon. I suspect even though they give a lot of volume to Fedex/UPS it's at nil profit. UPS/Fedex can then handle the more profitable business better, without having Amazon's volume. But a little birdy tells me Amazon's math of handling it themselves it a bit scary to look at. Perhaps they start taking fractions.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Amazon has been working on this for awhile----this Peak may give them the boost to put their plans in to action.
I hope they do.....I really hope they do. I can't wait to see a solid overcast of drones slamming into each other and falling out of the sky, crashing in flames into Little Timmy's bedroom next December 24th.

TUT

All I can add is this...
I should not receive an email from Neiman Marcus on 12.23 promising me delivery on 12.24 if I order before 1200 central.

Right on. Ups and Fedex aren't guaranteeing it during this point, but the sellers seem to guarantee something out of their control.

I personally drive to the warehouse to fetch her and my wifes orders. It's in good hands.

"I wont fail you AJ!!!!!!"

upload_2013-12-26_19-11-7.jpeg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The clue is what you don't want to see due to hatred. There is bandwidth limitations to everything, I was speaking to your sales team last year and this happens each year. When it gets close to the end, everyone starts changing their shipping from ground to express. UPS and Fedex alike. There is only so much lift, you cannot expect reasonably a company to have 10x the capacity for 10 days a year. When Amazon is done reviewing they will conclude like everyone else, there are limits, they know this to, it's not their first rodeo. The thing is no one is going to stop sales. Amazon won't. Fedex/UPS won't say "That's it where done", that risks losing more business the other 355 days.

You are the one with the narrow view. Now will UPS and Fedex do anything? Perhaps, I'm sure they will review it, they least they will do is apologize. Personally I think the best thing to do is the consumer to understand and really just take a moment to think, it's basic math, they just need to order earlier, weeks earlier. I had one thing not make it, it was coming from UPS, but after review, it was the shipper that held the package for 3 days before releasing. Now I made sure that product wasn't the oh so overused "Ruined Christmas" gift. We all are consumers, I mean come on these people need the adjustment more than Fedex or UPS if the gifts are that damn important and if so buy locally. The bigger issue is how our gifts can mess with critical packages, medicinal etc, that have more importance of making it there on time.

Any company can get their system blown out.

Now you know how good or bad the planning was, however it isn't seen on the outside, to me/us it looks like you got a :censored2: load of packages dropped on you late game and some didn't make it, a negative person will call it bad planning, a reasonable one imo looks at it with no surprise at all, bad planning or not. I hope there are things your company can do to make it all better, but there will always be a point where it won't be able to handle the volume. So again it goes back to customer shopping behavior, we have brains, we should see patterns.

I'll have my performance numbers about a week into January.

Yes, I truly hate this company, but I do not extend that hate to the customers, who were SCREWED big and small this year. Everyone is saying UPS and FedEx messed-up the same...uh, no. UPS manned-up early, did it right, and had a fraction of the lates that FedEx is having. They planned. If you were out on the street (you are NOT), you would have seen UPS w/runners, temps, and pulling trailers in many cases with the extra freight. FedEx? NOTHING!! Only when it was beyond evident to even the most retarded that service was in the toilet, did they do anything. Too little, way too late. You are on the outside looking in, and your perspective will never reflect the internal workings of this cluster of a company.