Two Killed In Crash Involving Two Semi-Trucks On Turnpike In Grady Co.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point was they drive a passenger vehicle and know how dangerous it is to park on the shoulder.

I cannot imagine parking my pkg car, let alone a set of triples, on the shoulder of a major highway.

Our guy put himself in an unsafe situation from which he did not walk away.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My point was they drive a passenger vehicle and know how dangerous it is to park on the shoulder.

I cannot imagine parking my pkg car, let alone a set of triples, on the shoulder of a major highway.

You would rather he stop it in the middle lane of a major highway? As a CDL licensed driver, this is how we're taught to do an emergency pull off. If he were completely outside of the white line of the shoulder, then he did nothing wrong.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

And, if you blew a tire, you would drive on until you found an exit or a rest area to pull over? Possibly risking a catastrophic accident if the tire shredded causing loss of all control?

Only in the BOG.

PT Car Washer

And, if you blew a tire, you would drive on until you found an exit or a rest area to pull over? Possibly risking a catastrophic accident if the tire shredded causing loss of all control?

Only in the BOG.
And hope the tire does not catch on fire because now you got real problems.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I blew a tire I would get as far off the road as safely possible before calling AAA.

Do you know how far off the road our driver was?

When I pulled off to check my sister's camper, we were coming up on a construction zone. I sure as h*ll didn't want a problem there, and was absolutely as far away from travel lanes as I could safely be.

Unless you were riding shotgun in the truck, give it up.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obviously not far enough.

Dave, that's BS. He had a driver drive THROUGH 2 out of his 3 trailers yet you are saying he wasn't far enough off the road? It's not like his mirror was hit or something like that.

In this situation you are 100% wrong. I'm sure that hurts for you to hear, but it is true.

wayfair

swollen member
Was the driver stopped long enough to set up the reflective triangles or flares?

not sure, 3 AM, it could have just happened. He was between the last two trailers, possibly at the dolly.
Probably an air line issue. Also, there are no rest areas on that part of the turnpike

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It doesn't take a Mensa candidate to see that it is not a good idea to pull a set of triples on to the shoulder of a major interstate.

Contributory negligence.

I am embarrassed for you to put something so dumb on here Dave. One of our brothers died due to another driver's bad decision, and you try to say our driver (who was pulled ALL the way out of the travel lane) is partially to blame? Unbelievable.

Where would you like him to pull over his roughly 110' long rig? Mind you, we've already been told there are no rest areas nereby.