Two Men And A Truck or...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, and I didn't know this until I Googled it, Two men & a Truck has 225 locations in 34 states.

Yeah, I googled it after I posted and found that out too!
I've met the guy who owns the Gwinnett franchise and he talked like he owned the company rather than a franchise.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
To me, these two metrics measure pretty much the same thing except the "average Driver time - am - pm" is eliminated from the equation.
Therefore, the number of drivers dispatched has been reduced without consideration of other factors.

I figured this out eons ago, but when we have a long PCM and are told to code the time to "approved AM meeting", we're screwed!

didyousheetit

I figured this out eons ago, but when we have a long PCM and are told to code the time to "approved AM meeting", we're screwed!

our center manager was just transferred for having us put " approved am meeting " so yours may have his days may be numbered.

satellitedriver

SPORH = Stops / (average Driver time - am - pm) * number of drivers dispatched
Mgt tended to reduce number of drivers if there was a high to-from mileage

SPC = Stops / number of drivers dispatched
Mgt tends to reduce the number of drivers

To me, these two metrics measure pretty much the same thing except the "average Driver time - am - pm" is eliminated from the equation.
Therefore, the number of drivers dispatched has been reduced without consideration of other factors.
Thank you for making my point with the last five words of your post.

The SPC metric dispatch has increased my mileage by an average of 40miles a day, and I am already a high mileage driver.
Since implementation, dispatch is done by an on road sup that has never driven a pkg car.
My average paid day in 2012 was 10.50hrs, and has been for the last three years.
I work alone so maybe I am the only to be given these stupid dispatches, but I truly doubt that I am alone across the nation.
Mileage per pkg has actually increased, the numbers are fudged in the center by using part timers.
Time coding is the fallacy that hides the truth.
I am appalled daily, by the idiotic dispatches, where drivers are tripping over each other, in the name of efficiency.

In summation,
the numbers of drivers dispatched meet the morning numbers, and that is the key metric used by the DM.
The circle jerk that proceeds throughout the day, to meet the evening numbers, is like watching outhouse rats running around on acid.
The union gets to pound their collective chest complaining, and management gets to think they are on top of the evolving economy.

All in all,
I am cool with the stupidity exhibited. and practiced. by both sides.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously Bubble, I like you and all, but it gets old.

I agree, but as BM said, I just can't help myself.
This was a rare occasion where he really didn't ask for it, albeit a subtle reference.
I wish he would quit being a dick, but we all know that won't happen.
I have kind of made a sport of bullying the bully.
I am sorry it wears on you and others.
​When he quits his shtick, I will quit landing on him.

Buck Fifty

I agree, but as BM said, I just can't help myself.
This was a rare occasion where he really didn't ask for it, albeit a subtle reference.
I wish he would quit being a dick, but we all know that won't happen.
I have kind of made a sport of bullying the bully.
I am sorry it wears on you and others.
​When he quits his shtick, I will quit landing on him.

Be glad you get to. Seems to be out of my reach. Right Hoke !