two pay raises this year??

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well that's not exactly correct now is it? 20+ years ago you had a different type person, on average, than today applying for the job. There was a time when being a courier had a future and the company never missed a chance to tell us so. Then we went into the phase where, year over year, the company started peeling away at the benefits. Pay for top out got frozen. They shook quite a few couriers out, myself included, before significantly increasing pay for topped out couriers(took a union scare to do it). Yes, I came back, which you love to point out. Late '98. My little business venture didn't work out, heard FedEx was now paying better. Was told by mgr's would top out in 7 to 8 years. Heard that line at all the stations I transferred to being told to newhires right up to 2012. Soon became apparent in early 2000's they only intended better pay for topped out, the rest of us might work 30 years without reaching top pay. Why stay? The traditional pension for me. When they terminated that in 2008 why stay? The economy tanked. Then for me in 2011 had health issues. Left in 2013. Why come back? Wouldn't have, but my wife really didn't want to live overseas. Had no choice but as Operational Needs pointed out it's not hard getting on these days, especially if willing to go where they were desperately needing a courier in a remote location but couldn't find someone. Point is that everyone has their own reasons for working for or staying with FedEx, not that the company is a square dealer with us. The company is a user which chews people up, giving very little back. Take not giving back my percentage of range, which policy clearly says they could have. All my many years of hard work, going the extra mile, didn't matter one iota to them. Getting me on the cheap, even when I was saving them a lot of OT moving out to that location, was more important to them than taking care of their employee. Users. You point to those who stuck with it, I see many, many more, close to a million more, who didn't. One thing the company did teach me was to use them as they use me, leaving next time on my terms. The extra money they're about to pay? Not worth it at this point and with taking my traditional pension won't be able to return, fine by me.

Got a four or five sentence summary on hand?