two pay raises this year??

vantexan

Anybody else heard about this?
Our vp mention something like this in our frontline video. He said by the end of the fiscal year which is in june we should get a raise to top us closer to top range. Just fyi i am a courier ft on the west coast
Been there 8 years. The company is not that bad i made 60k this year i know couriers make 85k 90k i have my own house old school cars and i work hard to get to this and i am 26 started when i was 18. To people who always whine n vent leave the company be fortunate you have a job i been lurkin reading some of these post its ridiculous . i have friends w degrees dont make close to what i make or my friends at the sta so be happy guys i am saying this in a respectful way
A lot of us work in areas with much lower pay and little overtime outside of Christmas. A lot of us remember when we had much better benefits and watched the company strip them to the nub. We were promised a lot of things like a good retirement pension if we stayed with the company. Fact is, and I hope you avoid this in your life, when you are lied to over and over you get angry, and you complain. I've had years where I worked more than 40 Saturdays as a 6th day and yet the most I ever made in a year was $48k. Working next to people making $5-$6hr more than you for 15 years and not even getting to the halfway point of the pay range is discouraging. You may like your mgr's, I've worked for a few good ones, but I've also worked for many who were not only jerks but some were abusive, some a shade off being crooks. The fact is between the lies the company told, the B.S. and abuse from mgr's, the stress of dealing with angry coworkers(and customers), trying to make ends meet, and humping in all kinds of weather(if you're on the West Coast you might not be familiar with horrendous weather) it's a wonder many of us stuck with it. And I hope it'll always be good for you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anybody else heard about this?
Our vp mention something like this in our frontline video. He said by the end of the fiscal year which is in june we should get a raise to top us closer to top range. Just fyi i am a courier ft on the west coast
Been there 8 years. The company is not that bad i made 60k this year i know couriers make 85k 90k i have my own house old school cars and i work hard to get to this and i am 26 started when i was 18. To people who always whine n vent leave the company be fortunate you have a job i been lurkin reading some of these post its ridiculous . i have friends w degrees dont make close to what i make or my friends at the sta so be happy guys i am saying this in a respectful way

85-90K? Sure. I think you must be talking about another company. Troll BS Shill ALERT.

MAKAVELI

Well the topped out guys that do the early sort and then a full day route make about that where I work.
The vast majority across the country probably make half that. You would have to be in one of highest paid markets, topped out, and making a hell of a lot of overtime to even sniff those numbers.

Express Courier

The vast majority across the country probably make half that. You would have to be in one of highest paid markets, topped out, and making a hell of a lot of overtime to even sniff those numbers.
Well that's the case in the situation I mentioned. It's not the norm but there are a few.

bacha29

Mr 1314 has won himself an all expense paid trip to the fedex mind control academy and reeducation camp. Clearly he has a completely undeserved sense of self importance and appears to have a pay scale that is way above his skill level. X will see that in it's own good time and will make the necessary adjustments. Without at least a bachelor's degree he is as far as he's going to get in the company and in time the same distain, disillusion. apathy and indifference many of us already know will visit itself upon Mr1314 and he will indeed become well acquanted with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait until you break your ankle and lose your route and end up delivering in the ghetto where every house smells like cat piss and cigarettes. Have a nice day. :)
Hey now, houses in the country smell that way too
Yeah but in the country it's more wide open with trees and other nature-y stuff that voids the stinky imo fwiw lol.

There were houses on my country run where I was forced to hold my nose closed while making the delivery.

vantexan

There was a topped out guy in the lowest paid market who grossed $76k one year. He ran so much he got himself killed by a tractor trailer on the job.

What's your top out rate?
i cant speak for the mid west or east but guys at my station make 85 90 k i knew a guy once made 102k he is toppdd out at 29 hr takes home 1600 net w taxes 2100
And i made 60k w little over time about 45 a week except for peak 55 plus...so like i said i believe we should all be compensated better. But also need to live your life within your means not above. That is how i was able. To accomplish what i have done

Mr 1314 has won himself an all expense paid trip to the fedex mind control academy and reeducation camp. Clearly he has a completely undeserved sense of self importance and appears to have a pay scale that is way above his skill level. X will see that in it's own good time and will make the necessary adjustments. Without at least a bachelor's degree he is as far as he's going to get in the company and in time the same distain, disillusion. apathy and indifference many of us already know will visit itself upon Mr1314 and he will indeed become well acquanted with it.
Wow ignorance comes along way. Its people like yourself that should just leave and find another job. You come and vent here, why dont you become proactive and learn a skill instead of pointing fingers blaming others on your miserable life, and saying company hasnt done do this or that u brought everything upon yourself. I have been screwed by the company by managers before the whole nine yards but it hasnt stopped me from trying to long for a better life

dezguy

Ever delivered to a hog farm?

I'll promise the smell of a house doesn't compare to 15 rotting hogs in a dumpster when it's 95 out.
Had a fur farm on a route I ran many moons ago. The smell of dead and dying minks is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

GorkyPark

85-90K? Sure. I think you must be talking about another company. Troll BS Shill ALERT.

Wow ignorance comes along way. Its people like yourself that should just leave and find another job. You come and vent here, why dont you become proactive and learn a skill instead of pointing fingers blaming others on your miserable life, and saying company hasnt done do this or that u brought everything upon yourself. I have been screwed by the company by managers before the whole nine yards but it hasnt stopped me from trying to long for a better life

Don't let them get you down. Speaking as a courier who makes more than that 85-90k, I'm pretty happy with my pay. I have dealt with my fair share of management issues but at the end of the day my skill at what I do has enabled me to afford a lot of good things in life.

bacha29

I spent 23 years as a day1 contractor at a small terminal in a depressed rural area. The facility was designated for closing twice in it's first 3 years of operation. While under RPS a Roadway subsidiary the daily work experience was hard but manageable. When a depserate for returns X took over in 1997 and remember they had to buy RPS with stock, they didn't have the cash, a completely different and far more beligerant attitude toward contractors emerged. Given the fact that migrant farm workers had better protection under the law than a X contractor X took full advantage of it and continues to this day . The fact that you as a contractor had your own money in the game meant nothing to X. The only thing they cared about was using the industry leading returns ground offered to pay for the acquisition binge they were undertaking 1314 is at a maturing Xpress but the quality of his employment is owed to those who came before him. What he doesn't understand or refuses to understand is that the quality of his employment is being undermined by a company that now has a greatly reduced level of repect for the average employee and the veteran X couriers are trying to make him realize that all that stands between him and his seperation from his beloved X is a signature on a single piece of paper .