Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Possibly. But, probably for new hires. It boils down to what the union gives up. Plus if members pay attention to the contract. Then vote. Little less than 2 yrs. Time will tell

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I put 15% weekly in my 401K. When I retire I'm expecting no pension the way things are going. Sorry to hear of your PLIGHT. Again, it's comical to think a driver with 9yrs FT seniority is being told your pay is being cut 6,7, or 8 dollars an hour.

Current FT drivers would be grandfathered.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
...and you wonder why people think that we are overpaid with a false sense of entitlement...
Wrong. 99% of us earned this job by working part time for a decade or more. We are not entitled. We effing earned it. This is where you go yawn. But its true. You don't understand because you walked in straight to full time. I leave my house at 7 am and get home at 9 pm. Nobody I know says I'm paid too much. So what people think that we are over paid? Only comments I ever get are how hard we work and that we earn our money. You probably hear these comments that no one else hears because nobody respects you.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Tell that to the PTer making $10.15/hr working next to an Art 22.3 making $27/hr working next to a high seniority PTer making $34/hr.
Seniorty is everything. Even new part timers learn to understand that. I bet though if there was a 2 tier system people would still line up for the job. Even if new top rate was 25 an hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong. 99% of us earned this job by working part time for a decade or more. We are not entitled. We effing earned it. This is where you go yawn. But its true. You don't understand because you walked in straight to full time. I leave my house at 7 am and get home at 9 pm. Nobody I know says I'm paid too much. So what people think that we are over paid? Only comments I ever get are how hard we work and that we earn our money. You probably hear these comments that no one else hears because nobody respects you.

The job itself equates to an average wage between $25-30/hr plus benefits. Anything beyond that is excessive for the position.

Over70irregs

You must be one of those red circles I've heard about long ago? How many 35yr pt washers left? PT pension is paid at lower %. Plus lots of turnover not much vesting. Also don't vote. Driver pay savings on two-tiered would be astronomical. So much $ saved that would easily cover over 9.5 filed while running "new red circle drivers into the ground". Much respect for hanging 35 years brother!!

a911scanner

I agree but it is inevitable.

Ground has clearly shown that the job can be done in a satisfactory manner for 1/3 to 1/2 of what we make.

With 1/3 to 1/2 of the volume as well. Stop being such a company man on every single point you make. There has to be something that you don't agree with that UPS does to it's employees.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With 1/3 to 1/2 of the volume as well. Stop being such a company man on every single point you make. There has to be something that you don't agree with that UPS does to it's employees.

There is-----I prefer bagels and cream cheese but they insist upon giving us donuts and muffins.

In all seriousness, have you looked inside a Ground package car lately? They may not be bricked out but they have more than enough work on them.

dudebro

I don't know about you, but that would scare the living crap outta me if I saw a driverless package car anywhere near me.... Or worse yet tractor trailer ... Not knowing if the sensors would operate correctly to make that thing stop and NOT hit anyone...
But you're totally cool with people who are texting, drunk, high, falling asleep from fatigue, arguing with their wives or husbands on a cell phone, eating, applying makeup, having fainting spells, and not knowing if they'll make that thing stop and NOT hit anyone...

Last edited: