Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I put 15% weekly in my 401K. When I retire I'm expecting no pension the way things are going. Sorry to hear of your PLIGHT. Again, it's comical to think a driver with 9yrs FT seniority is being told your pay is being cut 6,7, or 8 dollars an hour.
That is worthy of striking in my book....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wrong. 99% of us earned this job by working part time for a decade or more. We are not entitled. We effing earned it. This is where you go yawn. But its true. You don't understand because you walked in straight to full time. I leave my house at 7 am and get home at 9 pm. Nobody I know says I'm paid too much. So what people think that we are over paid? Only comments I ever get are how hard we work and that we earn our money. You probably hear these comments that no one else hears because nobody respects you.
Nope you are right!!! Dave even admitted that he wouldn't have been able to work pt for years waiting for a driving job because he had a family to feed .....ayfkm???

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
First of all I NEVER said that! And I was also speaking to driverless vehicles, not the myriad of other distractions in vehicles WITH drivers.

Your driverless vehicle will be out there with all the idiots, expecting them to conform within normal and reasonable operating parameters.

See any problem with that?

Brisket

Your driverless vehicle will be out there with all the idiots, expecting them to conform within normal and reasonable operating parameters.

See any problem with that?

WRONG, you misunderstood me... I was the one who said I would be scared silly looking over at a driverless tractor trailer or package car and NOT knowing if the sensors in it would be working correctly to stop that vehicle...

ManInBrown

That is worthy of striking in my book....
Of course it's worthy of a strike. I'm sorry about retirees having their pensions slashed, but again, I am expecting no pension when i retire. I put 15% in my 401k weekly. Big difference IMO between retirees having their pension slashed and active employees with 9 years FT seniority being told their hourly wage is being slashed 8-9 dollars an hour. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. I would quit on the spot.

I don't care what anyone says. If they do try to implement a two tier wage system for new FT employees, it will NEVER WORK. No sane person is doing what we do for 25 bucks an hour. You will have a revolving door of people doing it for 3 days and quitting. The guys and gals in the FedEx forum would never put up with the BS and the harassment and the 12 hour days for 25 bucks an hour. People will do it for 3 days and then not show up on Day 4. FACT

Last edited: