Two UPS drivers in the same Area?

messUPS

if two drivers ran into each other miles and miles from the center while delivering in the same area due to poor dispatch, who would get charged and how would management explain it!!:confused2:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We would also accept overtime, over 9.5, working as directed, doing it in trace, and "we had to cut routes today, we'll fix it Monday"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We have 2 to 3 drivers on the same streets from time to time... We can high five each other on most days as we cross. LOGISTICS and PAS, an experiment for idiots.

Peace.

barnyard

KTM rider
I used to deliver down a road that would routinely have 3 drivers.

I am sick and tired of trying to fix it.

I am also really starting to hate working for UPS.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to deliver down a road that would routinely have 3 drivers.

It sounds like your Dispatch Supervisor went to the same class mine did. He will send three drivers down the same short street with one stop apiece. I gave up trying to fix stupid stuff like this a long time ago.

browniehound

I get paid regardless of what street I'm on. If they dispatch us with 3 drivers on the same block at the same time its not my problem and I'm done with careing. Its a bad image to portay to the public. Then we have solid, steady, paying customers that have been rocks on a route for 20 years but now all of a sudden they are getting a different driver twice a week and their delivery is now at 1545 instead of the accustomed 1100 delivery and they have no idea why. Then it progresses. 3 different drivers and 4 different times within 1 hour of closing. Its the new UPS way.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What do you call it in the US when due to a poor dispatch two drivers are delivering in the same area?

You said same area, maybe the work was given to a second driver because there would have been to much work for one driver. You do wanna come home at a reasonable time right? Oh that's right, you wanted to send in a eta of 9pm then we would have sent you some help to take those stops anyway..now thats logistics.

UPSGUY72

normal in my center I have delivered to one address and have another driver deliver to another a couple numbers away at the same time.