two weeks on one paycheck

canam450

Well i took my sick week of vacation two weeks ago and I noticed i didnt get my paycheck early like I normally do but didn't think to much about it so i figured it would come the next week..Well it still wasnt there so i told my manager and he said he will contact payroll..I asked him two days later if he found out anything and he said Ill get it Thursday which is when we get our checks every week..Thursday came and i only received one check but they put the vacation week and my work week all on one check which i didnt think was right at all because i lost a lot of money on taxes..Im at Full Time top rate..Can i file a grievance on this since the contract says I should have my check prior to vacation and if not it should be there the day after i talk to my manager..I really wouldn't have cared if it came in two seperate checks but combining them isn't right

UPSGUY72

Well i took my sick week of vacation two weeks ago and I noticed i didnt get my paycheck early like I normally do but didn't think to much about it so i figured it would come the next week..Well it still wasnt there so i told my manager and he said he will contact payroll..I asked him two days later if he found out anything and he said Ill get it Thursday which is when we get our checks every week..Thursday came and i only received one check but they put the vacation week and my work week all on one check which i didnt think was right at all because i lost a lot of money on taxes..Im at Full Time top rate..Can i file a grievance on this since the contract says I should have my check prior to vacation and if not it should be there the day after i talk to my manager..I really wouldn't have cared if it came in two seperate checks but combining them isn't right

You got paid what are you going grieve the government took took much in taxes ??? If you over paid you'll get it back when you file next year. You have no grievance. STOP LIVING PAY CHECK TO PAY it's only going to come back to bite you one of these days....

canam450

​who said anything about living pay check to pay check..if i was doing that i wouldnt have waited two weeks to say something and i dont want the government making interest on my taxes that ups screwed up on

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Oh yea, file! If you're getting paid for two weeks in one check, the taxes and dues are much higher then week by week. Its a reason why we get paid once a week instead of one check every two weeks. One, you make more money weekly. Two, less taxes are taken out. And lastly, one can require funds by week instead of holding out two weeks for food, money and others. File the paper work and you sould make some good money back to cover their oops.

Sure, you can get your taxes back after the year, but its just that, you have to wait a year to get it back. As PT workers need as much as we can get to help support our needs as we see fit. Its your money & I need it now!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't see where you basis for a valid grievance. You failed to notify your supervisor when you first learned of the shortage----when you did finally tell him the shortage was corrected in the following week's paycheck. Yes, there should have been two separate checks, but that is out of your supervisor's control.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

UPSGUY72

Oh yea, file! If you're getting paid for two weeks in one check, the taxes and dues are much higher then week by week. Its a reason why we get paid once a week instead of one check every two weeks. One, you make more money weekly. Two, less taxes are taken out. And lastly, one can require funds by week instead of holding out two weeks for food, money and others. File the paper work and you sould make some good money back to cover their oops.

Sure, you can get your taxes back after the year, but its just that, you have to wait a year to get it back. As PT workers need as much as we can get to help support our needs as we see fit. Its your money & I need it now!

He asked why he didn't get paid and they paid him he doesn't have a grievance he got paid... You can't file a grievance because you pay check was to big and because of that they took a high percent of taxes out of it.

UPSGUY72

anyone know where the penalty language is on not getting vacation pay in a timely matter

I bet you could find it in your contract book.

But you don't have a case they paid you after you told them there was a problem... IF you told them and you didn't get paid then it would be a different situation...

UPSGUY72

​who said anything about living pay check to pay check..if i was doing that i wouldnt have waited two weeks to say something and i dont want the government making interest on my taxes that ups screwed up on

The title of the thread is "Two weeks on one paycheck" I'll leave it at that.....

If your worried about the government making money on you go onto UPSERS.com and add 1 to what you claiming then you'll be all set.

QKRSTKR

We've had the company do that with vacations that are selected pay only, which I think we can do with 3 vacations. Guys were mad they put the vacation hours on regular check. Company said it wasn't a vacation since they took pay only, it's considered a bonus. It has stopped some people from doing that.

One guy just changed his w4 info. for a week and they took out like no taxes the following week. You can do it on upser.com

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm confused. Your first sentence says it was a "sick week" Was it a regular week of vacation or an option week where you used unused sick days?