Typical Package Handler Hours [Also:] Probation?

icu

for who you are !
Yes, you're definitely paranoid and over thinking this. But still, what you did was wrong. You should have told the supervisor that you were working with that you were leaving, as well. Nothing will change after probation, they still can discipline/restrict you for (from) leaving early without their permission

Shut the ..... FFFFront door !

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So you're saying that thieves that can load pretty well get impunity at your building? I would like to see the madness that's going on in your center.
WTF are you babbling about?? Reading must not be one of your strong skills! I said I've seen quite a few vested PTers FIRED for cardinal sins. Theft= a cardinal sin. There's no impunity at ups for theft!

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
it depends...if you're a good loader with senority....yes we tend to get away with more a lil crap sometimes. But I've seen plenty of vested PTers fired for cardinal sins (usually theft)....so it does happen.
Underlined, bolded, italicized. "I've seen plenty of vested PTers fired for theft."

so your reply of "Woah, you guys get away with theft?! That's crazy!" doesn't make much sense.

Rawrzxor

I'm still trying to figure out if the OP hopes to make ups a career why are they worried about their education?

What?

___

They've been letting me off at 10 the past couple of days. Maybe there was a rush because of valentines day or something. Something tells me I'm going to want the hours when I don't have them. >_> But I can still double shift if the hours pop down to 3.5, right? Only 4.5 today. Though, I did notice (in regards to having a lot of hours) that the hub I work at is generally 4-10 (twilight), whereas some of the other hubs are 5-10, so maybe we're a bit busier.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a TCD (?) driving position within the next few years. A driver today told me they get paid more than people in the hub, but less than regular drivers, and it can help you get a regular driving position in...5-7 years.

Rawrzxor

Ahh, looking back at the good 'ol days. My body has substantially improved, to where I can load 350 an hour now. Off and on, depending on push-downs and jam-breakers.

I've left early like 5 times since posting this, always tell a supervisor before I leave. In addition, I ask them what time we come in the next day. I figure that if they tell me, that's permission to go home. I'll wait until after 10, 10:30pm to actually leave if I have something to do or just don't feel like working extra for whatever reason. They never say anything like, "You're not done yet; we need you to stay a little longer." So, I figure it's all good.

Sent using BrownCafe App

moriar7y

It's important to clear it with the supervisor your working with. It's also important that the supervisor from your area knows, too, because your hours count towards that supervisor's DOP hours. The best way to manage this is, if your supervisor sends you to another area, ask them what time you need to leave, and then communicate that with the supervisor in the area that you are moving to, this way there is no miscommunication.

Some days, if the sort is behind, they won't care how man hours you use. Just go to the area and get the work done. This time of year we tend to get picky with hours, so it's good to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Sent using BrownCafe App