U.P.S. boat in Venice.

UPSmeoff

My folks were in Venice last week and took these pictures.

That looks like 8 hours of work to me.

Enjoy.
694867874603_0_BG.jpg
494867874603_0_BG.jpg
894867874603_0_BG.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
great photos! it'll definately be over9five after they load those irregs on:)

What do they call those things,gondocars?

met cust buoy

over9five

Staff member
Good pics!

I'd be worried about that stack sliding into the water. Must be a high claim route!

And why don't they have a UPS uniform?

Mike Hawk

Looking at the rudder, those drivers (captains?) haven't found out about the "brown paint" method of avoiding minor accidents.

Also, make sure to secure the bulkhead door so packages don't go missing!

PS huh safety? Where are the life jackets? Maybe there is no European OSHA for them to abide by.

browniehound

Thanks for the pics, they are AWESOME. I never thought about UPS in Venice until today. What an incredible sight.

If there was a need for a boat here in the States, do you think on our annual ride we would be required to know the five seeing habits and the 10-point commentary? Many of the elements wouldn't apply to boats, LOL.

What about the 5 rules of backing? LOL. Would a driver's licences or DOT card be required for the job?

Ms.PacMan

They don't wear uniforms in Italy.

A shopowner in Venice told me it was against the law in Italy to wear anything resembling a military outfit.

This may be true or it could be that UPS packages are subcontracted by a local delivery company like in Africa and Asia.

Venice looked very labor intensive! There are steps up and down over every canal and the boat rocks when they are trying to unload packages.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Showed these pictures to my wife last night. She was obviously pondering them all night. This morning she turns to me and says, those Venice UPS guys must have huge upper bodies from rowing that boat with all those packages.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yeah, I'd be interested how they plan to secure all those packages once the boat is fully loaded. Wonder if its a bulk drop or does he deliver all along the coast??