U.P.S. boat in Venice.

alister

I wonder how many times these guys get bothered by upsers from the states gawking over their boats. I bet this gets old after the first 50 times it happens. nice pictures though :wink2:

I heard that when UPS first went to Germany that they had the drivers wear brown uniforms and that the business had trouble making money. After a while the did a questionnaire and found out that the brown uniforms resembled the gestapo. They then changed the uniform to blue. I'm sure they (US managers) were told this by the local drivers and managers but they didn't listen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I heard that when UPS first went to Germany that they had the drivers wear brown uniforms and that the business had trouble making money. After a while the did a questionnaire and found out that the brown uniforms resembled the gestapo. They then changed the uniform to blue.

When Hitler started rising in power, the Nazi Party was sometimes referred to as the Brown Shirt Party. A lot of photos of Hitler show him wearing a brown jacket. I never have seen a picture of a UPS Driver wearing blue, I wish someone would post one if this is true.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
hey scratch look a couple posts up by Stop count, thats a UPSer he has a DIAD in his hand

He is prerecording while steering his boat?:surprised: My eyes ain't that good.

You have a point, the Venice guy has a blue coat on. I was thinking in my earlier post that I haven't seen a German Package Driver in a blue uniform. My bad.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Thanks for the pics, they are AWESOME. I never thought about UPS in Venice until today. What an incredible sight.

If there was a need for a boat here in the States, do you think on our annual ride we would be required to know the five seeing habits and the 10-point commentary? Many of the elements wouldn't apply to boats, LOL.

What about the 5 rules of backing? LOL. Would a driver's licences or DOT card be required for the job?

5 rules of backing??? Isn't there 8?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
nope, he is flipping through the stops in his diad. and not watching where he is going. kinda like a driver i saw in a p1000 yesterday............

d
ups and diad.jpg

alister

Personal, i think they have a blue boat and blue coat to stand out from the water in Venice. UPS brown more matches the water than the blue does.