ugly calendars

HazMatMan

"..any hot food for Christmas BUT the drivers.."

You're not missing anything. The hot food gets to the building about 4:30, and we don't get there till 7....

It aint hot, it's been sitting uncovered for over 2 hours....

I wouldn't touch it.
Maybe in your building, if it got to my building at 4:30 a.m. for the drivers, it would all be eaten by the preloaders, When they have hot food for the drivers they set it up by 7:30 and keep it hot with those metal cans underneath the aluminum tray. And it is good food cause I grab my share even though I am not a "driver" and trust me I get dirty looks from some of them who don't know me "oh well" scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, pancakes.. yum-yum.... Amazing how a "driver" with 6 months to 5 years seniority could walk around like their %$#^% don't stink,(those are the ones I get the dirty looks from) Have a nice day...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I eat the preloads food in the morning. When I come in at night I eat our driver food. Then I set my alarm and come back at 11 and eat the reload food!

helenofcalifornia

To all of you who get "hot food" at any time of the year at your center, you can thank your center manager for that. At some centers (mine) the center manager is so indifferent to his "service providers" that we don't get anything. (And you wonder why noone wants to go out of their way for him) I am not saying this is something that should be done for us, but an occasional thanks would be nice. At another center in the district the center manager gives his people all kinds of food and appreciation. Sigh.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I can`t argue with that.I did say.when possible. If these planes are less than full ,why not eliminate a truck or two when it happens.
ah, i see.

i see that happen for big clients. they give us thousands of dollars a day and need something to get there, or we just do it at random. 100 lbs is nothing on an aircraft, especially if it makes our medium-big clients happy (and knowing FX can't upgrade ground to Air with the exception of a lot of leg-work between accounts executives, billing, two centre managers, and two couriers - hell, their ground barcodes aren't compatable with express and vice-versa)

I didn't like the new calenders either, hey, what about each employee getting 100 shares of stock for the 100th year celebration?? OR 100 shares of stock per 1 year of service?? Seriously, I am very curious to see what they do, I mean they didn't even give the inside people in my building any hot food for Christmas BUT the drivers (oops, I mean service providers) got hot food. I guess UPS doesn't care about the people who load and unload the trailers, sort and load the package cars as much as the people who deliver the packages.
the same thing will happen if a government were to say "awww shucks, thanks for being here for 30 of our 100 years, here, we'll print up some money for you"

that stock will go downhill. employees will be unhappy that they got "worthless stock" and loyal stockowners will flip out.

tieguy

Banned
Why don't we say that UPS is playing the racial card in the '07 calendar's, I mean c'mon only a few white males?

White males generally did not do enough to be featured on our calendars. Minorities tend to be much more appreciative of high paying UPS jobs and therefore also tend to do much more to help their communities. White males on the other hand tend to complain more and give less to their communities.

hoser

Industrial Slob
White males generally did not do enough to be featured on our calendars. Minorities tend to be much more appreciative of high paying UPS jobs and therefore also tend to do much more to help their communities. White males on the other hand tend to complain more and give less to their communities.
rep to teh max!:thumbup1:

HazMatMan

the same thing will happen if a government were to say "awww shucks, thanks for being here for 30 of our 100 years, here, we'll print up some money for you"

that stock will go downhill. employees will be unhappy that they got "worthless stock" and loyal stockowners will flip out.[/quote]

UPS gives stock away to the management for Christmas bonuses. This could just be a bonus for ALL workers. Don't think the stock would go down.. But then again who am I ?? just a schlepp worker....

Megansman

Ok, next year we should submit our own photos for the calender -- say a shot from the rear door of your package car, packed as tight as a knat's bum spread over Texas... Maybe a guy with a hand cart loaded up with six bow-flex boxes, hauling up apartment steps with a grateful 350 lb customer waiting on the stoop... a couple of pre-loaders, grimed out and sweaty tossing packages into the truck and laughing... a photo of that dude with the pal labels, blind folded and slapping labels on any old box he can find... a couple of shop stewards, fighting for a guy's job in the office while he still sleeps... any other suggestions?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok, next year we should submit our own photos for the calender -- say a shot from the rear door of your package car, packed as tight as a knat's bum spread over Texas... Maybe a guy with a hand cart loaded up with six bow-flex boxes, hauling up apartment steps with a grateful 350 lb customer waiting on the stoop... a couple of pre-loaders, grimed out and sweaty tossing packages into the truck and laughing... a photo of that dude with the pal labels, blind folded and slapping labels on any old box he can find... a couple of shop stewards, fighting for a guy's job in the office while he still sleeps... any other suggestions?
I make the calendar every year.............................

JUNE

HA!!

hoser

Industrial Slob

that stock will go downhill. employees will be unhappy that they got "worthless stock" and loyal stockowners will flip out.

UPS gives stock away to the management for Christmas bonuses. This could just be a bonus for ALL workers. Don't think the stock would go down.. But then again who am I ?? just a schlepp worker....[/quote]
300 000 employees vs how many managers?

they give me a turkey, my university education, and good pay. nothing else i could ask for. i wish everyone else on here didn't have such sense of entitlement.

last year, ups did a really good job with the full sized calendars with the motivational slogans across each photo. i never knew you could make a centre or inside of a 53' look so good.