Uhauls

Don't get me wrong, the radio is fantastic. However the amount of weird looks I get is hilarious! This one guy peaked through his blinds then dropped to all 4's to hide like I was the bad guy in home alone. Can't wait for peak to end!

bacha29

Don't say the word UHaul. That is one of the biggest public deceptions ongoing in the business world today. They widely promote that low per diem but they kill you on mileage charges and preparation fees. Renting one of those out my way, figure on $ 180 per day at least.

NYCFXG

Budget. I thought I wouldn't need one this peak. Have been using it all week. Couldn't fit a single box more when I parked it the last 3 nights. Got the call yesterday about a "Volume Warning". Supposed to have 400 pieces today. They had 0. Wonderful.. Volume Warning again today for the same location. This time they say they are going to have 2500. Kill me.

STFXG

Had to rent a 22 ft uhaul once to run a rural route. 50 boxes. Nearly 200 to rent it and another 150 in gas. Nothing else available. Was a nightmare.

dezguy

The Ground guy on my route had a U-Haul for months. Must have cost the contractor a fortune. He finally must have bought an old Purolator Freightliner at auction because he's been rolling around in that for the past couple of weeks.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Had to rent a 22 ft uhaul once to run a rural route. 50 boxes. Nearly 200 to rent it and another 150 in gas. Nothing else available. Was a nightmare.

Gotta do what you gotta do. Rental vans were kind of hard to come by for peak the last 2 years in this area. This year, we started renting them at the beginning of November. Everyone else is screwed, but we're all set!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gotta do what you gotta do. Rental vans were kind of hard to come by for peak the last 2 years in this area. This year, we started renting them at the beginning of November. Everyone else is screwed, but we're all set!
Well that's a laugh. How many rental vans do you need for Station One?

I'm sure somehow Penske and UHaul appreciate the thought however. :laughing2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

True dat. U-Haul is a major rip-off. They finally started to modernize their fleet a few years back after being sued hundreds of times for broken-down, unsafe, or just plain old and worn-out vehicles.

My favorite was when they started gluing rubber skirts along the bottom panel of the van body, giving the illusion that these were "fuel-saving" skirts, ala the California-mandated fuel skirts on trailers. Problem is, the skirts were attached to the body directly, with no portion actually providing a streamlining effect.

None of this stopped U-Haul from emblazoning their trucks with slogans telling you how much fuel you were saving. Not a drop.