Ultimate Goal - FT drivers will be PT drivers March 2013

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Awwww ... engineering supposedly restructured our routes. As you can imagine, the workgroup was not happy at our meeting today.
After going back and forth with management, one of them finally blurted out:

"You should be happy with the way things are going to be on "full time" routes; Fedex wants everyone to be "part time".

Oh, so you finally let us in on what you've been knowing for some time.

Ground just let us know that "express saver and P2" will be coming their way March 2013.

That gives us FIVE months. So everyone get ready for peak ... fah la la ... chop, chop in January, February and March.

.... but yet the CIO got a 80% raise.

Anyone still got that fuzzy "Purple Promise" feeling?

vantexan

Awwww ... engineering supposedly restructured our routes. As you can imagine, the workgroup was not happy at our meeting today.
After going back and forth with management, one of them finally blurted out:

"You should be happy with the way things are going to be on "full time" routes; Fedex wants everyone to be "part time".

Oh, so you finally let us in on what you've been knowing for some time.

Ground just let us know that "express saver and P2" will be coming their way March 2013.

That gives us FIVE months. So everyone get ready for peak ... fah la la ... chop, chop in January, February and March.

.... but yet the CIO got a 80% raise.

Fred just told Wall Street Express Saver is still needed. Where and when did Ground "let us know"?

Glorifiedpackmule

That date sounds way off to me. I don't think FedEx would drop an friend-bomb like that. Fred likes for things to be slow and deliberate. While I do think they want Express to be mostly part time sooner than later I'm curious to know how P2 AND Express Saver would go to Ground. Unless Ground can magically transport freight in a truck from NYC to L.A in two days and get it delivered in that time frame, I think 2day is safe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That date sounds way off to me. I don't think FedEx would drop an friend-bomb like that. Fred likes for things to be slow and deliberate. While I do think they want Express to be mostly part time sooner than later I'm curious to know how P2 AND Express Saver would go to Ground. Unless Ground can magically transport freight in a truck from NYC to L.A in two days and get it delivered in that time frame, I think 2day is safe.

IMO, XS is on borrowed time. Express might still offer it, but Fred wants Ground to move the bulk of it. Same with E2. Almost all XS and the bulk of E2 can go Ground. NYC to LAX freight would have to be flown, but Ground could still deliver it. R1a, (and others) have said the "Master Plan" is to have Express pickup E2 and have Ground deliver it, which I tend to agree with. I also agree with the part of the plan that has FT drivers going PT or very close to it. This would have PT FO drivers delivering FO and then P1 if needed. The "FT" people would start in the early afternoon and do pickups, cutting their hours substantially.

Fred is "slow and deliberate" only up to a point, which is where he thinks he can get away with it without disrupting operations. We have been "boiled frogs" for a long time now, and Fred only needs to turn the heat up a notch to complete the cooking process. Without any realistic prospects of going union, he can do whatever he wants. That means an end to guaranteed 35 hr minimums for FTers, more benefit cuts, and more hours being shifted to newer, lower-paid workers.

Nothing is safe as long as Fred S is in-charge. He's a weasel guarding a house full of chickens (us). Think we can trust him?

StuffItFred

Everyday I punch the clock knowing I am there to make Freddy and Handy another cool million.
Our station was already "shorthanded" as 4 of the 7 swing drivers were on vacation this week and 6 open routes I decided to "dial a day" and call in sick. friend em! I heard one of the 4 useless managers had to go on the road and got into an accident! Hahahahahahah, I bet that it will be a non-preventable no matter what. But not like it really matters anyway he will still get his bonus.
So yeah I got that fuzzy feeling rolling over in the bed laughing my ass off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyday I punch the clock knowing I am there to make Freddy and Handy another cool million.
Our station was already "shorthanded" as 4 of the 7 swing drivers were on vacation this week and 6 open routes I decided to "dial a day" and call in sick. friend em! I heard one of the 4 useless managers had to go on the road and got into an accident! Hahahahahahah, I bet that it will be a non-preventable no matter what. But not like it really matters anyway he will still get his bonus.

LOL. Those who "can't", become managers. This is how you get back at them. Wait until they are in the worst possible position, and then call-in. Eff them, is the correct answer!! Bravo Zulu!!

newgirl

Remember that rumor that was floating around that they were going to change how OT was paid, now we get it over 8 (or 10 if you are 4/10) but they have the option of changing that to over 40.

Is minimum pay a law or is that just company policy?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Remember that rumor that was floating around that they were going to change how OT was paid, now we get it over 8 (or 10 if you are 4/10) but they have the option of changing that to over 40.

Is minimum pay a law or is that just company policy?

It's company policy.

vantexan

So now all they have to do is figure which station has 4 of 7 swings on vacation then they can look at who called in sick. Hope you got a note.

StuffItFred

You just told them it was going to suck because y'all are shorthanded so friend'em you called in sick instead. Not smart.

Yep, and I will say it again friend-em! I have 4 more sick days to burn still and if the goat friend continues I will use them at my leisure as well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep, and I will say it again friend-em! I have 4 more sick days to burn still and if the goat friend continues I will use them at my leisure as well.

Nobody really cares any more...zero loyalty. They are getting what they deserve. I'm awarding you a second BZ!

FedEx2000

funny thing is i don't see Express hiring more drivers, only Ground or HD on those craigslist ads...

That's b/c Express has a recruitment department and a link on the corporate website......we don't hire from Craigslist, contractors do. We are almost always hiring..... people leave for those "greener pastures" and come crawling back 6 months later. We have 6 people that I can think of off the top of my head that quit and came back.....don't burn that bridge unless you have an ironclad plan.