un- just disqualification

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Everybody knows that they are making it way harder to qualify than it used to be. No need to be so hard on the dude really. All depends on whether the center manager is a complete :censored2: :censored2:bag also. Its not like in the old days where the class was easier to pass and the qualifying was a lot easier too. Just look what we deal with everyday on a whole with the idiot dispatches, idiot loaders, constant harassment, and work overloads. With that said its not so hard to believe some of these guys and gals are getting disqualified so easily. Of course theres probably a good number of them that wont cut it regardless but it sounds like homeboy could probably do the job and is honestly putting in a valiant effort to do so. No need to act like a bunch of peckerheads to the dude really. Everybody knows they don't train people correctly anyway and a big portion of this job is trial and error and learning on the fly.

tourists24

ok, so if they " have the right to dis qualify me just because they dont like me" then why did they make up a lie?
good question.... without being involved with the situation would only be a guess... bottom line is the company has a lot of leeway on deciding if they want you or not. If someone does something dishonest along the way Id say you better be able to show it

PhatAzz

You have to have a violation of the contract in order to have a valid grievance
Any article that you would list to Protest a Warning letter. And any others that apply. A good steward or Business Agent can win that based on the fact that the company didn't even follow their own training guidelines and DQ'd him on day 30.

tiredofbrown123

jumpman. none of this stuff started until the district manager got there one day. hes a complete a hole. i was told i didnt have to run scratch and then when he got there i was told i did. but not by him. i was told by my on car sup. same one that told me i didnt have to.

tourists24

Any article that you would list to Protest a Warning letter. And any others that apply. A good steward or Business Agent can win that based on the fact that the company didn't even follow their own training guidelines and DQ'd him on day 30.
Ok,,, without putting a contract article violation,,, good luck with that...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
jumpman. none of this stuff started until the district manager got there one day. hes a complete a hole. i was told i didnt have to run scratch and then when he got there i was told i did. but not by him. i was told by my on car sup. same one that told me i didnt have to.
Yeah cause the supe was probably giving the DM head in the bathroom before he came back and changed his story. The supes are all a bunch of lil biatches that play yes man to their bosses. No respect for those idiots that sell their soles to be in management. The whole job is a mind game dude. As soon as you realize it and don't give a freak about their mind games, the job gets easier. Temp driving is the way to go dude. You don't want to go fulltime nowadays, its really not worth the headache and being a prisoner to the job. Plus youll have no life during the week at all. 6 months of prison and 6 months of freedom. You can make 40 to 50 k temp driving if its for 6 months anyway and make 20k to 25k part time as preload or local sort. That's about 50 to 65k for that combo gig. Not a bad gig for the money and time. That's the way to go dude im telling ya. Its a win win for ya. If you go fulltime theres no going back but with the temp thing its basically a rehearsal to see if you like it or want to take the next step.

tiredofbrown123

all i know is the business agent said put down un-just DQ and argue the facts on a seperate peice of paper and he will handle the rest. you guys have tough jobs. i know it sucks every day. someone should really give you guys a medal. if i could find another good paying job id def do it instead, but i need a job and unfortuanately there are no other jobs available.

Fedex Guy

Everybody knows that they are making it way harder to qualify than it used to be. No need to be so hard on the dude really. All depends on whether the center manager is a complete :censored2: :censored2:bag also. Its not like in the old days where the class was easier to pass and the qualifying was a lot easier too. Just look what we deal with everyday on a whole with the idiot dispatches, idiot loaders, constant harassment, and work overloads. With that said its not so hard to believe some of these guys and gals are getting disqualified so easily. Of course theres probably a good number of them that wont cut it regardless but it sounds like homeboy could probably do the job and is honestly putting in a valiant effort to do so. No need to act like a bunch of peckerheads to the dude really. Everybody knows they don't train people correctly anyway and a big portion of this job is trial and error and learning on the fly.

Couldn't have said it much better myself. Well done sir.

UPSGUY72

all i know is the business agent said put down un-just DQ and argue the facts on a seperate peice of paper and he will handle the rest. you guys have tough jobs. i know it sucks every day. someone should really give you guys a medal. if i could find another good paying job id def do it instead, but i need a job and unfortuanately there are no other jobs available.

Your BA is grasping at straws. Was he/her a UPS driver before he became a BA or from another company. There isn't any language in the contract that says what you have to do to make your 30 days and what will get your DQ'd it is open to your management team observations of your performance. In the end they really don't have to give you a reason for DQ'ing you all that have to say is that your not working out. Try again next year.

I'd chalk this year up to a learning experience and try again next year. There isn't a winnable grievance to be filed and if there was and you won they would only have to give you another 30 days to make it.... That being said you most likely wouldn't be making those 30 days either....

Good luck

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
any ways i drove 25 days straight but wasnt given a consistant route so a lot of times i ran over.

Do you mean.... you weren't on the same route everyday....

Or did they, just (progressively) add to the dispatch ?

all i know is the business agent said put down un-just DQ and argue the facts on a seperate peice of paper.

Thats good advice.

You want to be there with your Steward.... to present your case.

Your BA is grasping at straws.

And members, accuse their Local's of "inaction". :confused2:

-Bug-

tiredofbrown123

because i have seniority. but when the bid was put up and they were about to send someone to school they went to a guy well under me and told him to get ready for school. i caught wind of it and asked them why they were trying to send him. i have seniority. they said that i didnt put my name on the bid list. luckily i made a copy because its happened before to another driver in the building. they pick and choose who they want. we have the most worthless management in the USA according to the drivers. they say they've never had management this bad. so the drivers are telling me that they just dont want to have to work , ride with me, train me, etc. so thats why they are doing all they can to DQ me. they wouldnt have qualified me anyway. no matter what. if they put me in the blind which is inevitable id have missed businesses and all that good stuff. for which they are held accountable.