un- just disqualification

tiredofbrown123

also on my 25th day on road. the last day i was suppose to run scratch they sent me way off my route for residentials. i only ran 30 over. after the second week of driving the most i ran over was 58.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
because i have seniority. but when the bid was put up and they were about to send someone to school they went to a guy well under me and told him to get ready for school. i caught wind of it and asked them why they were trying to send him. i have seniority. they said that i didnt put my name on the bid list. luckily i made a copy because its happened before to another driver in the building. they pick and choose who they want. we have the most worthless management in the USA according to the drivers. they say they've never had management this bad. so the drivers are telling me that they just dont want to have to work , ride with me, train me, etc. so thats why they are doing all they can to DQ me. they wouldnt have qualified me anyway. no matter what. if they put me in the blind which is inevitable id have missed businesses and all that good stuff. for which they are held accountable.
Sounds like you have pretty worthless stewards and BA if they are letting all this happen.

ajax25

I just finished my 30 days and qualified a week ago, this was my first week as a swing driver and it was honestly easier than the training route, I had the same situation as you when it comes to the route changing on a consistent basis but I believe these "training routes" are designed to really challenge you to see if you have what it takes. I struggled for about a week coming in way over but honestly did not run over more than 15 after that, I did whatever I had to to leave no doubt and give them absolutely no reason to not qualify me. My last day I had 188 stops (about 25 more than normal) and I ran 20 min under. I complained a little at first about the route changing but quickly realized that wasn't going to get me anywhere so I just sucked it up and went out and made sure I crushed out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

tiredofbrown123

awesome. but that doesnt have any thing to do with why they didnt qualify me. they couldnt disqualify me because i didnt do a good job . that never even came up. if that were the case thats what they wouldve said. read the first part. also, did you ever drive air or temp drive? i never did. i didnt even know how to work the diad until a month ago. and 188 stops? geez. thats a lot. i usually had 110. maybe your area is different. must have a lot of stops close together unless your days were planned at 14 hours.

By The Book

also on my 25th day on road. the last day i was suppose to run scratch they sent me way off my route for residentials. i only ran 30 over. after the second week of driving the most i ran over was 58.
What was your paid day,( on the clock), and what was your planned day? I know they are all different. I'm wondering if you were following your 30 day planned hours each day in your packet. Did you get weekly reviews with your supervisor and your steward? I thought they had a limit on the number of hours worked in the first 30 days in training.

upschuck

They will not dq you if you had done a good job and did what you were suppose to do. Do you think that they want to spend all that money training you, and after your training say no because you didn't air drive or temp drive? That is ridiculous. On the contrary, if you were running under, that shows how good you are being able to learn all that, and still do a good job.

oldngray

nowhere special
You seem to have a bit of an attitude about how good a driver you are. If that annoyed management and you weren't doing as well as you believed then its very possible management will decide you just don't have what it takes (at least not yet). There are many things to doing the job other than just looking at over/under allow.

tiredofbrown123

They will not dq you if you had done a good job and did what you were suppose to do. Do you think that they want to spend all that money training you, and after your training say no because you didn't air drive or temp drive? That is ridiculous. On the contrary, if you were running under, that shows how good you are being able to learn all that, and still do a good job.
so your accusing me of lying to? your saying that i had a package on my car that i didnt want to deliver? hmmm. you seem to know a lot about me to not even know me

You seem to have a bit of an attitude about how good a driver you are. If that annoyed management and you weren't doing as well as you believed then its very possible management will decide you just don't have what it takes (at least not yet). There are many things to doing the job other than just looking at over/under allow.

Slim chance his work persona is as just as charming as it is here?

If I was a center manager and I was looking at the possibility of 20+ years of attitude I'd dq him too.

tiredofbrown123

i dont think im a great driver. i know i was unjustly dqed. i didnt know i was talking to a bunch of ppl that bleed brown. im done with this site full of ups management

upschuck

so your accusing me of lying to? your saying that i had a package on my car that i didnt want to deliver? hmmm. you seem to know a lot about me to not even know me
I'm not accusing you of anything, I am just stating that UPS would not dq you for not being a previous driver. If you read the whole post, I stated that you are better than the "experienced driver" because you had much more to learn, all else being equal.

UPSGUY72

i dont think im a great driver. i know i was unjustly dqed. i didnt know i was talking to a bunch of ppl that bleed brown. im done with this site full of ups management

Unjustly DQ'd language isn't in any contract. You just don't get it they can DQ you for any reason or lack of reason they want and there is little the union can do since it was in your 30 days probation period.