Unbelievable....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsguy72, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your not going to believe this ORION BS. I'm only a Mall route that starts early 8:15 and you finish early last pick up 5:15. So my Sup calls me at 4:30 and ask if I can go help a driver he broke down and didn't start his route until 10:30. So I say sure then he tells me to take 20 from him not 20 stops 20 PACKAGES. When I get to the other driver I ask him if I heard thar correctly he says that according to the SUP if he gave me more that 20 packages it would mess up the numbers in ORION. So we spent 10 minutes trying to figure with 20 stops he was going to give me that only had 1 package each. What a F-ing Joke.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Sounds like ORION is not only dumbing down the hourly side.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  3. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Sounds fine to me.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Why not just take one 20 piece stop?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Precisely my point.

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

This happened to me and my buddy a couple weeks ago. He went out on a route blind, when I told my sup I was gonna help him he said try to take two streets with the most stops so it didn't mess up the centers Orion trace.

7. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

There comes a point where ORION takes a back seat. Let the ORION debacle fall on dispatch's s shoulders and just make service on the parcels.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Grey

Grey Active Member

I can't stand it. Unless you have a light and perfectly loaded truck ODO is completely useless.

9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I would have ignored the supervisors idiotic instructions and just taken whatever stops made the most sense to take in order to help the guy.

Warning letter? Not worth the paper its written on. I would love it if they ever wrote me a warning letter for "helping another driver make service on the packages in a safe and efficient manner". The comedic value alone would be priceless. Any subsequent discipline based upon that letter would get laughed out of a panel hearing. I'm here to deliver packages, not to play stupid number games.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. soberups

In our building, if you take more than 4 stops off of another driver (or deliver more than 4 misloads, or give more than 4 away) you show up on next days ORION report as a "DTTP" (Different Trip Than Planned) and your compliance percentage is thrown out and does not even show up on the report at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

You guys think this is happening at dhl or fedex...how F-ing sad...

12. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

The warning letter will be for "failure to follow instructions and/or work as instructed"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

20-single piece stops, seem easy on a residential area.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have an Avon lady who gets 10-15 boxes on average per week. She puts them on hold as the bid driver refuses to break off and deliver her stuff early.

15. soberups

Easy one to defend against.

"I misunderstood the instructions because it never occured to me that a supervisor could possibly be that stupid. I thought he meant 20 stops."

They wont pursue it because they would be forced to explain their own stupidity in front of witnesses.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. I doubt anybody will believe me, but trust me, your management team hates ORION as much as you do. But the higher ups demand we get our trace percentage up and to utilize it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. rod

rod retired and happy

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

This is an excellent opportunity to sell the customer on our premium MyChoice services.

Ups.com/MyChoice

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Used to we just called that ups service. Didn't cost any extra.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  20. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

It's puzzling to me that management wants to lower the paid day, yet still asks drivers to abide by Orion which seemingly doesn't really work. If Orion was ever implemented in Brooklyn we'd be getting in past 10 every night