Unbelieveable

wornoutupser

My center has started telling bid drivers that they can not run their bid run that day and that they must go on other runs as instructed.
I told my center manager that if this was the way that we do it from now on that I wanted the most cush run in the building.
The union steward is only telling us to file and to call the ethics line.
Any other suggestions?

PT Car Washer

My center has started telling bid drivers that they can not run their bid run that day and that they must go on other runs as instructed.
I told my center manager that if this was the way that we do it from now on that I wanted the most cush run in the building.
Any other suggestions?
Friday after Thanksgiving?

Cementups

Box Monkey
What's the point of having a bid run?

Also, you can only be pulled off your bid route 7 days in one year. After that, file a grievance.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What's the point of having a bid run?

Also, you can only be pulled off your bid route 7 days in one year. After that, file a grievance.

Not here.

You can only be pulled off your bid run in the case of an emergency.

And the only emergency that exists is if a sup has to run a route. He can run yours and you are WAD.

Sending a new driver in the blind is not an emergency. It is poor planning.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This type of thing usually starts with drivers who are always willing to come off their route to run something else, and after a while management starts taking it for granted.

rod

Retired 22 years
They used to do that during peak back when I worked. Anyone with any area knowledge on the rural routes would lose any residential and most business on their bid route so they could use their rural route knowledge to the fullest. It didn't really bother any of us because we would rather deliver maybe a 75 to a 100 rural route stops than be stuck with 300 residentials and 500 packages + pickups. I did 312 stops one time----that was enough for me to not bitch about giving up most of my normal route. Now days even the RR guys have a helper---which makes no sense to me.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
They used to do that during peak back when I worked. Anyone with any area knowledge on the rural routes would lose any residential and most business on their bid route so they could use their rural route knowledge to the fullest. It didn't really bother any of us because we would rather deliver maybe a 75 to a 100 rural route stops than be stuck with 300 residentials and 500 packages + pickups. I did 312 stops one time----that was enough for me to not bitch about giving up most of my normal route. Now days even the RR guys have a helper---which makes no sense to me.
That's because some denizen of Cubicleland has deemed that ALL drivers are to have a helper regardless of the route or volume.

Indecisi0n

Any other suggestions?
That would stop real quick after I ran 5 hours over on the other route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Then they expect you to be able to deliver a lot more stops with a useless helper. Happens every year.
I used to run rural routes a lot during peak it usually made sense to have a helper for an hour. Maybe two while you were in the town. Then I'd just take the helper out cruising country roads with me for a few hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I used to run rural routes a lot during peak it usually made sense to have a helper for an hour. Maybe two while you were in the town. Then I'd just take the helper out cruising country roads with me for a few hours.

I had a helper only on Christmas Eve last year on my country route. The girl ran her butt off. We finished earlier than if I had done it alone. It was the best Christmas Eve of all my delivery years. I wasn't totally whipped. I actually had energy to do stuff after work.

wornoutupser

Update: next day same stuff. One driver dialed the ethics line and was reporting this in front of a supervisor. In my opinion, this place has lost it! NO training is happening for peak...we can't even seem to handle normal volume!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Update: next day same stuff. One driver dialed the ethics line and was reporting this in front of a supervisor. In my opinion, this place has lost it! NO training is happening for peak...we can't even seem to handle normal volume!
They can only do this in case of emergency