Unbelieveable

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sounds like the center manager has lost his center.
Managing a center in this way will crush morale and will be unfruitful.

Drivers bid on routes for a reason, if not they'd fill out the routes like a batting lineup.
There are rules in this process and hope you take the advice of steward by filing and calling the ethics line.

wayfair

swollen member
Yes, here in New England, you know if you're bidding on a training route or a WAD route (work as directed, usually a frequently smashed route)

When a reg driver gets the training route, it's smashed..

when a trainee gets it, it's dispatched a 6 hour day and the routes next to it get smashed(mine included).

Dragon

Package Center Manager
My center has started telling bid drivers that they can not run their bid run that day and that they must go on other runs as instructed.
I told my center manager that if this was the way that we do it from now on that I wanted the most cush run in the building.
The union steward is only telling us to file and to call the ethics line.
Any other suggestions?

1 or 2 routes a day? Any idea why he is doing it? Do you still have drivers to train before peak?

Just wondering.

wornoutupser

Dragon,
Everyone that I am aware of is on the road. These moves are just being made to cover normal runs.
There is no one left to go out. This is how peak is run in my area.
We just get more and more stops. The min/max just keeps going up with no basis, but the stops per car is always in range for the balanced scorecard....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Dragon,
Everyone that I am aware of is on the road. These moves are just being made to cover normal runs.
There is no one left to go out. This is how peak is run in my area.
We just get more and more stops. The min/max just keeps going up with no basis, but the stops per car is always in range for the balanced scorecard....

You didn't answer Dragon's question.

You said moves are made to cover normal routes. If you pull a driver off his bid route to run another route, who is doing his bid route?

It may be different if you eliminated his route, but your answer doesn't make sense.

ManInBrown

That would never fly in my center. They actually asked me last week to come off my route, to cover a 24 footer run because the bid driver was on vacation, and the cover they were going to use booked off. I laughed when they asked and walked away. Not my problem. Thats what you get the big bucks for. You figure it out

9.5 everyday

Yup, 40 less stops than normal
Then they can't tell their ass from their elbow with a helper during peak.
The route next to mine is a training route. The newbie was trained for 5 days last week, going out with 110 stops. This route normally does 150 daily. The first day he went out on his own, he had 100 stops, and when he was done his pick ups at 4:30, he had 50 left and got help. The next day he was dispatched 89 stops and just made 9.5. He has all of 2 weeks to learn 150 stops before it become 250 stops. It's gonna be a :censored2: show when he has to figure out how to manage himself, and train and manage a helper. I guarantee I'll be helping this guy after I do my 300+ stops.

wornoutupser

You didn't answer Dragon's question.

You said moves are made to cover normal routes. If you pull a driver off his bid route to run another route, who is doing his bid route?

The moves were made to cover normal routes. Bottom unbid drivers are being put on the runs of the drivers that are being forced off.

542thruNthru

The moves were made to cover normal routes. Bottom unbid drivers are being put on the runs of the drivers that are being forced off.

What is the reasoning behind it? When he pulls the driver off his bid route what reason does he give? Is he just saying "bob does your route faster so we are pull you off it."