Uncertified employees loading Air Trailers

TheCaptain

We have two employees in my work area that are air certified. Said employees have high seniority and do not typically choose to wrap-up leaving our LouKY trailer without any certified handlers at the end of the sort. What kind of trouble can the company/employees get into for loading in a trailer if they lack the proper certifications? I'm guessing this violates a small handful of regulations.

CaliforniaPaul

We have two employees in my work area that are air certified. Said employees have high seniority and do not typically choose to wrap-up leaving our LouKY trailer without any certified handlers at the end of the sort. What kind of trouble can the company/employees get into for loading in a trailer if they lack the proper certifications? I'm guessing this violates a small handful of regulations.
Do something, thats why your "The Captain".

UPSGUY72

Doesn't violate any regulations.... There might be a UPS procedure about it but there isn't any regulation about who can load Air trailer.

Nothing the only time UPS is going to get in trouble is if a package that can't be in the air system gets in the system and someone other than UPS catches it.

pomf

Actually they do need to be certified. If there are loaders who aren't on the certified list and the FAA finds out, that's a nasty fine for the company. They also need to have gone through the TSA background check if it's a LLAR area (which it probably is). This is pertaining to the actual air containers themselves.

I load air containers myself and know this first hand.