UNCLE SCROOGE-UPS forcing package drivers SUNDAY DEC 21

O

OLDMAN3

Tentative plans are to force Package to deliver SUNDAY December 21st.
Many of us will be celebrating Christmas on this day with relatives we wont see on Christmas.
2 questions...

1 By what date do they need to inform us we are forced to work?
2 What is the penalty for the first no-call, no-show of my career... A warning letter?

O

OLDMAN3

I have been working for UPS for more than 30 years.
I have never worked Sunday in those 30+ years, and UPS does not own me, or my time.
I call in sick only when I am truly sick.
I am fully willing to suffer the consequences of my actions, but I will not lie.
I am a Christian and believe in following the 10 Commandments.
Another warning letter will help me wallpaper my bathroom.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have never worked Sunday in those 30+ years, and UPS does not own me, or my time.
I am fully willing to suffer the consequences of my actions, but I will not lie.

I respect your years of service and for owning up to your actions (no matter what they might be). And, I respect that you would rather be a no call /no show than lie about being sick. In this circumstance however, you would still be making a statement that you will not be in to work and I think calling in sick would be a "little white lie". Don't tell me you don't say white lies.

O

OLDMAN3

I am a sinner and will occasionally lie out of weakness without realizing it at the time. But I will repent of the lie.

To purposely lie, even a "white" lie is an entirely different matter.

laffter

Um, why not call and say you won't be coming in (not sick, no emergency)? The responsible thing to do is to give them a heads-up and allow them some time to find another driver.

(preloader) I always work my vacations and my sups have come to expect my presence every work day. One morning during a vacation week I was still too drunk and decided I wasn't going to come in. I still called (although later than one is typically supposed to call-in).

O

OLDMAN3

Little lies are better than big lies, just sayin lol.
Very true.
Lies about serious matters are worse than ones about trivial matters.
But also, lies that are said with full knowledge and consent are worse than those said without realizing the are a lie beforehand.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Very true.
Lies about serious matters are worse than ones about trivial matters.
But also, lies that are said with full knowledge and consent are worse than those said without realizing the are a lie beforehand.
So you're wife or girlfriend has a horrible outfit or new hairstyle and asks you how she looks...in your mind its atrocious. You gonna tell her or say, "it looks great honey"....still a lie but isn't gonna hurt.

O

OLDMAN3

Um, why not call and say you won't be coming in (not sick, no emergency)? The responsible thing to do is to give them a heads-up and allow them some time to find another driver.

(preloader) I always work my vacations and my sups have come to expect my presence every work day. One morning during a vacation week I was still too drunk and decided I wasn't going to come in. I still called (although later than one is typically supposed to call-in).
Something to consider.
However, I am questioning the moral legitimacy of UPS's authority to force me to work a Sunday when past practice for over 30 years has been to never force package to work Sunday. If indeed the necessity of forcing work on Sunday can not morally justified, my moral obligation to notify them would be negated.

I am not worried in the least about a warning letter. And any work not completed Sunday would just roll to Monday when it sould have been done anyway.

Still sorting it all out.

Oak

If one was to call and say he/she would not be to work that day -without saying they are sick- it should cover the no call/no show.

Call and say, "I will not be in today." Hang up. Turn phone off.

Enjoy the Sabbath with your family.

watdaflock?

You can call in and not lie about sick. Call and simply say "I'll not be in today." then hang up.

You don't have to give a reason. It's none of their damn business why you'll not be in.

I always work my vacations and my sups have come to expect my presence every work day.
Where is this? I offered to work on my vacation and was told it's not allowed anymore.

O

OLDMAN3

Does anyone know the answers to my original questions?...
1 By what date do they need to inform us we are forced to work?
2 What is the penalty for the first no-call, no-show of my career... A warning letter?