UNCLE SCROOGE-UPS forcing package drivers SUNDAY DEC 21

ChrisTheBrown

So you're working 16 hours on the weekends? That means you can only work 44 hours at UPS.

How does a $1,000-$10,000 fine sound to ya, Buddy? That's what the DOT fines you for violating their federal guidelines. If you don't like it, well, too bad. It's the law.
BTW, what's your start time on Mondays? If it's before 9am, then you're violating the 10 hours off between shifts rule also.

Start time is never before 9, when I drive..I'll only be driving until the end of this month, I'm sure..& good question there, how are they going to know? Plus, I have yet to exceed 40 hours a week, driving thus far this peak..You may now worry less about my situation, & focus on yours. Should've never even brought this up. Was just a simple question.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Start time is never before 9, when I drive..I'll only be driving until the end of this month, I'm sure..& good question there, how are they going to know? Plus, I have yet to exceed 40 hours a week, driving thus far this peak..You may now worry less about my situation, & focus on yours. Should've never even brought this up. Was just a simple question.

Sent using BrownCafe App
We all had to do,extra things when we started out. Times are a little different now. Just be careful.

Last edited:

andrsnbkj

I think it should of been told before like they did for the day after thanks giving if people want to work on that day it should be voluntary not force I'm not gonna work

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
IVE is correct...wouldn't be hard to find out. The last comp injury I had...I was put on TAW and someone from UPS or Liberty Mutual...some guy called my other job the weekend after it happened to see if I was working there (which would've violated my dr's weight restrictions). I had to list my other job on my comp paperwork.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Um, why not call and say you won't be coming in (not sick, no emergency)? The responsible thing to do is to give them a heads-up and allow them some time to find another driver.

(preloader) I always work my vacations and my sups have come to expect my presence every work day. One morning during a vacation week I was still too drunk and decided I wasn't going to come in. I still called (although later than one is typically supposed to call-in).
Thank you for all that you do.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Something to consider.
However, I am questioning the moral legitimacy of UPS's authority to force me to work a Sunday when past practice for over 30 years has been to never force package to work Sunday. If indeed the necessity of forcing work on Sunday can not morally justified, my moral obligation to notify them would be negated.

I am not worried in the least about a warning letter. And any work not completed Sunday would just roll to Monday when it sould have been done anyway.

Still sorting it all out.
Good thing you did not choose to be a dairy farmer.

browner89

If you work on a Sunday, you are paid your regular rate. However, if you also work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday will be your sixth "punch" and paid at overtime.

Based on supplement, mine says that Sunday (if your normal week starts on a Monday and ends on a Friday) is double time and there is no 6th punch rule, so everything about this post is incorrect if anyone works under my supplement.

The 21st will also be our 4th straight Sunday worked, makes for nice paychecks but it's a pain in the ass only having 1 day weekends. Looking forward to January.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Pulling a no-call/no-show during peak season is an act of total disrespect to both the company and your co-workers.

If for whatever reason you aren't going to report to work.... then put on your big-boy pants and do the right thing by calling in so that management at least has a fighting chance to get your route dispatched in a timely manner.

Otherwise...given the typical chaos of peak season.... it might be 10:00 or 11:00 before they realize that your car is still sitting there, and it will be the guys in your loop who wind up getting screwed by having to clean up your mess.

You can rest assured that if you were the route next to mine and I wound up working 14 hours on a Sunday because you pulled a chicken chit stunt like that, we would be having a serious discussion about it the next day.

browner89

Pulling a no-call/no-show during peak season is an act of total disrespect to both the company and your co-workers.

If for whatever reason you aren't going to report to work.... then put on your big-boy pants and do the right thing by calling in so that management at least has a fighting chance to get your route dispatched in a timely manner.

Otherwise...given the typical chaos of peak season.... it might be 10:00 or 11:00 before they realize that your car is still sitting there, and it will be the guys in your loop who wind up getting screwed by having to clean up your mess.

You can rest assured that if you were the route next to mine and I wound up working 14 hours on a Sunday because you pulled a chicken chit stunt like that, we would be having a serious discussion about it the next day.

Agreed, if you're going to screw over your coworkers (even if you feel you yourself are being screwed) at least give them a heads up to better prepare, everyone else who actually shows up will pay for you not showing. Its the main reason I haven't called off on any sundays yet as much as I want to drink Saturday night and watch football all day with friends and family, I like most of my co workers and don't want to screw them over.

So I settle for just drinking Saturday night and sacrificing the football part...

oldstagg

If you are a man and you can't come into work simply call in and take yourself out of service for the day. It's that simple.

this is man up time. time to suck it up and get the job done. I wont hate anyone that :censored2: out but I'll pity them for being weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I won't volunteer but if they force me I will be there and take care of my customers. I could care less about pleasing management but I will always take care of my customers.