UNCLE SCROOGE-UPS forcing package drivers SUNDAY DEC 21

How did you handle her birthdays?
Mom makes sure that there is a separate Room in the house that's decorated just for her birthday. We also have her birthday party every year either two weeks before or two weeks after. Yesterday was her birthday party actually. Mom rented out an old movie theater and had a suprise party for her. I brought my daughter to the suprise party and her name was up in light on the front of the theater.

We also have a summer party in July every year that kinda serves as another birthday party for her. I married a woman who has a lot of good ideas. I would never be smart enough to think of this stuff.

Last edited:

UPS WORKHORSE

If you believe Sunday is the Sabbath, then tell them Friday, I won't be in because I obey the Bible and am exercising my freedom of religion by not working on the Sabbath. And on Sunday, call them in the morning and say, I'm just reminding you that I wont be in today for religious reasons. That way you're not lying, you're not being a no call no show (which would cause them to say, "What a Christian he is... no call no show), and you are still honoring God, and are giving them a heads up so they can plan accordingly.

However, you better make sure, as a Christian, you are being as faithful to God as you can, because your coworkers will be watching you like a hawk to see how this Christian truly lives his life. Is he a hypocrite or is his faith for real and he is as real as he claims? I say this as a fellow Christian. If you use honoring God as a reason not to come to work, then at work you need to honor God there as well, or else those who don't believe in God will see this as a reason not to believe. Obviously we all make mistakes, but I hope you know what I mean.

If you believe Sunday is the Sabbath, then tell them Friday, I won't be in because I obey the Bible and am exercising my freedom of religion by not working on the Sabbath. And on Sunday, call them in the morning and say, I'm just reminding you that I wont be in today for religious reasons. That way you're not lying, you're not being a no call no show (which would cause them to say, "What a Christian he is... no call no show), and you are still honoring God, and are giving them a heads up so they can plan accordingly.

However, you better make sure, as a Christian, you are being as faithful to God as you can, because your coworkers will be watching you like a hawk to see how this Christian truly lives his life. Is he a hypocrite or is his faith for real and he is as real as he claims? I say this as a fellow Christian. If you use honoring God as a reason not to come to work, then at work you need to honor God there as well, or else those who don't believe in God will see this as a reason not to believe. Obviously we all make mistakes, but I hope you know what I mean.
:bpotd:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
She's not due until 1/1 but I think she may go early. Her brother will be home 12/22-1/3 so I hope she delivers while he is here.
It would be awesome if the baby is born on Christmas.

My oldest son was born on Christmas Eve. It became the one day every year we could count on all the family being at our house. Best times ever!

If, however, she's late, the big day may fall on my grandson's and my birthday (1/7)!;)

My oldest son was born on Christmas Eve. It became the one day every year we could count on all the family being at our house. Best times ever!

If, however, she's late, the big day may fall on my grandson's and my birthday (1/7)!;)
Kids have a way in bringing out the best in people. They are Gods best gift.

Just get my address right this year!
$_35.jpeg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I tried buying gifts the first year we were separated. My daughter playfully told me I sucked at it so ever since then I give them cash.

I am going down there Christmas Day to hopefully see my new granddaughter for the first time. I will be bearing gifts.
I tell my wife every year. The crap you buy them will sit in a corner and not get used. Let them pick out there own or give them money.