Undercover Boss

RTURNSONLY

Something just hit my mind. Wouldn't it be great to see Mr. Smith, Happy Hands, 59Dano*, (ha), or any one of the big shots down the hall in Memphis do a undercover gig on our lovely, well-run company? Ohhh boy, wouldn't they be in for a BIG surprise? What a wakeup call would that be for them and to the public. Can you only imaging?

(*Nah, wannabe's don't count)lmao:)

Last edited:
A

Amigonnamakeit

There was a Canadian version of Undercover Boss that featured FedEx and I almost puked watching it. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I think I found it on YouTube.

hypo hanna

Never happen. FedEx execs are so narcissistic their pictures are plastered on every BB, in every handout and on the 24/7 TV channel. They would be spotted in seconds.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Something just hit my mind. Wouldn't it be great to see Mr. Smith, Happy Hands, 59Dano*, (ha), or any one of the big shots down the hall in Memphis do a undercover gig on our lovely, well-run company? Ohhh boy, wouldn't they be in for a BIG surprise? What a wakeup call would that be for them and to the public. Can you only imaging?

(*Nah, wannabe's don't count)lmao:)

It depends. If the UB was paired up with a decent employee, it would be great. If the UB was paired up with one of the redneck loudmouths who make up a considerable population of this board who couldn't manage half a workgroup, well, it would be funny watching them try to explain how the company should be operate. It always is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Funny how a Right Wing Southerner (Location: Down South) who fits the definition of a redneck to perfection starts calling the general population of this board "redneck loudmouths". Perhaps you should look in your mirror to see what one looks like.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Never happen. FedEx execs are so narcissistic their pictures are plastered on every BB, in every handout and on the 24/7 TV channel. They would be spotted in seconds.

I agree. Even if they found one who could be anonymous, FedEx would never agree to the public getting a peek behind the curtain to see how Oz really works. Pee bottles, screaming management, speeding through residential areas=PR Armageddon.

hypo hanna

It depends. If the UB was paired up with a decent employee, it would be great. If the UB was paired up with one of the redneck loudmouths who make up a considerable population of this board who couldn't manage half a workgroup, well, it would be funny watching them try to explain how the company should be operate. It always is.

You presume anyone not toting the party line or who might believe he has been treated unfairly by the company is not a "decent" employee.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

You presume anyone not toting the party line or who might believe he has been treated unfairly by the company is not a "decent" employee.

Exacalackly. I do my job to the fullest of my potential, day in and day out....and how am I rewarded, or at the very least treated in a way that would bolster my morale and the others around me? I'm told that all employees should be able to carry a 107 pound crate without help and when I ask for help, I'm told that maybe I should find another job. That's just great, isn't it?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Funny how a Right Wing Southerner (Location: Down South) who fits the definition of a redneck to perfection starts calling the general population of this board "redneck loudmouths". Perhaps you should look in your mirror to see what one looks like.

I said a considerable population of this board, not the general population of this board. I'm not going to say that rednecks have poor reading skills, but....

The typical redneck usually likes to spout his valuable insight about things that are far beyond his experience or comprehension. He is absolutely certain of his beliefs despite having nothing to back them up and takes it personally when someone disagrees with him.

But spout on, brother!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I said a considerable population of this board, not the general population of this board. I'm not going to say that rednecks have poor reading skills, but....

The typical redneck usually likes to spout his valuable insight about things that are far beyond his experience or comprehension. He is absolutely certain of his beliefs despite having nothing to back them up and takes it personally when someone disagrees with him.

But spout on, brother!

Let's see. I'm a confirmed liberal, I don't live in the South, I'm well-educated, and knowledgable about the subjects I discuss. I hate NASCAR, am agnostic, and my significant other is a black woman. Yep, sounds like I'm a redneck.

You amuse me.

vantexan

Let's see. I'm a confirmed liberal, I don't live in the South, I'm well-educated, and knowledgable about the subjects I discuss. I hate NASCAR, am agnostic, and my significant other is a black woman. Yep, sounds like I'm a redneck.

You amuse me.

Stereotypes, stereotypes. I've seen mixed race couples all over the South, delivered in an almost entirely white area the other day to a black lady married to a white man. They're both from Atlanta. There are confirmed liberals everywhere in the South. I'm conservative and can't stand NASCAR. I also accept some liberal views, know plenty of conservatives who do also, and while I believe in God I don't attend services, having my own concerns about theology. It's frustrating dealing with others in other parts of the country who seem to have views set in stone about Southerners. Try watching a Hollywood movie set in the South without at one point, often just briefly, showing the white protagonist being confirmed in some way by a black man. The subliminal message is this is one of the good white Southerners, it's ok to like him. And often the antagonist is almost cartoonish in his racist portrayal. It's no wonder that liberals have such preconceived notions as to what a white Republican is, they've been conditioned by other liberals their entire lives to see us that way.

b33nman

So black people that work are still the "47%"?
All that inbreeding amongst racists really continues to lower I.Q.'s ....

As in nearly half the city of Memphis is black. Well, according to the census it's about 60%+ give or take. That said, a large majority of Memphians live in poor neighborhoods, which are predominantly black. A large section of those people work at FedEx. Why not? Insurance and a steady pay check. To assume everyone at FedEx is a bumpkin redneck inbred is about as stupid as misreading what someone posted as a racist remark.

So, there won't be many rednecks to be around. I should know considering I work there and I'm one of 3 white people on a 32 man team. So, citing statistics that you're more likely to run into a black person than a white person doesn't seem racist. Internet assassins sure love going straight to that card.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As in nearly half the city of Memphis is black. Well, according to the census it's about 60%+ give or take. That said, a large majority of Memphians live in poor neighborhoods, which are predominantly black. A large section of those people work at FedEx. Why not? Insurance and a steady pay check. To assume everyone at FedEx is a bumpkin redneck inbred is about as stupid as misreading what someone posted as a racist remark.

So, there won't be many rednecks to be around. I should know considering I work there and I'm one of 3 white people on a 32 man team. So, citing statistics that you're more likely to run into a black person than a white person doesn't seem racist. Internet assassins sure love going straight to that card.

See "Current Events" if you want to catch-up with Skeeter and Cleetus and all of their BS. Oh, and wouldn't you just love seeing MT3 be the "Undercover Boss" in Memphis, South LA, or Washington DC? I'm sure they'd welcome a rich OREO that has sold them down the river every chance he got.

vantexan

I was engaged to a girl in Memphis. Lived there for 3 years, got on at the Hub, transferred out as a FT courier. At place I transferred to in NE I went to a church of denomination I grew up in. As that denomination isn't as strong in that area as it is in the Southeast that congregation was one of few in region where millions lived, so we had a cross section of society there, most of whom were from other parts of the country but were working in one of that city's many national corporate headquarters. One of my fellow churchgoers was a black man from Memphis area who became like a brother to me. I asked him to be my best man at wedding. My fiancée told me she didn't care if he was Bill Cosby, she wasn't going to have a ****** in her wedding. We broke up. Point is that I observed a lot of friction between blacks and whites in Memphis. I know whites there who are wonderful, sweet people until they start talking about blacks. On the other hand can't tell you how many times black cashiers at stores acted like they could spit in my face no matter how polite and pleasant I tried to be. Black on black crime in Memphis is horrendous and that feeds a lot of white fear. Met many wonderful blacks there too. Memphis isn't for amateurs.