unemployment

some1else

Banned
ok bit of confusing situation. have new driver that was pre-load for 3 years; and has worked reg-temp (21$hr for reg FT hrs about 45-50 weekly) since june.

even though ups considers this job "part-time" when he is laid off in jan. would he be entitle to unemployment? he will be back to pre-load at 10 or so an hour...

BrownBlue

New Jack
That is the bad thing about temp full time, you are still parttime. So no I don't believe PTer is eligable for unemployment, but hey it would be worth a try. It is a reduction of pay.

rorojo

It depends on what state you live in. I was sent back to preload from TCD in Feb. of this year and got unemployment in Texas. Check with your local employement office

Raw

Raw Member
ok bit of confusing situation. have new driver that was pre-load for 3 years; and has worked reg-temp (21$hr for reg FT hrs about 45-50 weekly) since june.

even though ups considers this job "part-time" when he is laid off in jan. would he be entitle to unemployment? he will be back to pre-load at 10 or so an hour...
Why not just get another job instead of being a leech on society? Oh, I forgot, this is the Obama era......:biting:

some1else

Banned
ya i understand ups classifies working june1 to december 30 50 hrs a week as "part-time" but i took a look my state only requires that you made over 2700 in at least to of the past five "quaters"

so i guess it would be a filing for partial unemployment based on reduced wages from the 50hr at ~20$ temp rate= ~1000 a week to preload ~10$x17.5hrs=175$.......

some1else

Banned
by the way raw; unemployment is insurance, just like your health insurance the employer contributes then you recieve the bennies. are you a leach on society if you go to the dr. and let the health insurance ups pays for cover part of the visit?

blue efficacy

Why not just get another job instead of being a leech on society? Oh, I forgot, this is the Obama era......:biting:
Actually it is the millionaires and billionaires at the top who are a leech on the rest of society. They take their obscene profits off the backs of the working man (and woman.. gotta be PC)

But if you want to buy the shallow minded stereotype that all democrats are leeches, you go right ahead.

Raw

Raw Member
by the way raw; unemployment is insurance, just like your health insurance the employer contributes then you recieve the bennies. are you a leach on society if you go to the dr. and let the health insurance ups pays for cover part of the visit?
No,we get the doc cost discounted then we pay the deductable then insurance kicks in. Government is not like insurance, the people working pay for the slackers getting unemployment.The government has no money,they take from the taxpayers. :sad-little:

Raw

Raw Member
Actually it is the millionaires and billionaires at the top who are a leech on the rest of society. They take their obscene profits off the backs of the working man (and woman.. gotta be PC)

But if you want to buy the shallow minded stereotype that all democrats are leeches, you go right ahead.
The millionaires and billionaires pay 90% of all taxes collected. The top 5 percent of wage earners pay 85 percent of the taxes, not what I would call a leech. The lower 20 percent dont pay any taxes but get a tax refund, that`s welfare and being a leech. :surprised:

some1else

Banned
No,we get the doc cost discounted then we pay the deductable then insurance kicks in. Government is not like insurance, the people working pay for the slackers getting unemployment.The government has no money,they take from the taxpayers. :sad-little:

raw you are thinking of welfare; unemployment is an insurance program; not a giveaway