Unemployment

U

uber

Zagsfan, when you work on the inside you do not get your driver rate. Your state may offer partial unemployment which would make up the difference in pay. Or you could sit on your ass at home and collect full unemployment.

I think in my state you need to miss 3 days in a week. I'm looking into it.

raceanoncr

Check your states requirements. Here, again, I say, HERE, you have to be laid off for at least a week. That first week counts as a "waiting" week. After that, you can file for all or partial weeks.

Yes, be sure to get your name filed immediately if your state is such. Get that waiting week outta the way.

And here, yes, HERE, if you're laid off from your specified job classification, you DO NOT have to take another position, especially if it pays less.

Years ago, while in construction, we were laid off every winter because of frozen ground. Collected unemployment. Boss fought it saying he offered me a job in the building, mechanicing, which he did. Took it to arbitration. Panel (state unemployment panel) agreed with me...said I didn't have to take anything below my pay scale or any other classification job for which I was not hired.

Check locally

I've worked consistently until this week.

Don't you make the same wages you would as driving if you go back in the hub when there's no work? So they allowed you to file for unemployment as a cover driver?

Not to be a hardass here...but WHAT'D I SAY HERE?

U

uber

Got this issue settled today. All I'm going to say is I love my Union and I'll leave it at that. Got a good steward.