Unexcused absence.

Holydriver

So my DOT physical expires this Friday, and me trying to do the right thing spent 3 hours of my Saturday looking for a place to get my physical. I tried 5 places, they were either closed, didnt have a qualified doctor on hand, or simply didnt do DOT physicals. As such, I knew I needed to call in one day this week to get my physical completed. So, I called in today, Monday, in order to get this job requirement finished. My reasoning is that Monday is usually the lightest day of the week... Not long after calling in, my sup called and then texted me saying he needed me today. Unfortunately for him, I am not glued to my cell phone and didnt see his missed call or text until 9am, already after start time. By this time he had texted me to tell me that my absence will be unexcused. I dont even know what this means to me in terms of discipline. I was given 2 sick days this year as Ive only got 22 months of seniority, and used both days. I have called in maybe 2 times, one for sickness and this for the DOT physical. What sort of BS should I be expecting when I go in tomorrow?

I see a lot of posting about whether the supervisors see you as a good or bad employee, and I know that he likes me and is happy with my job performance.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You can't legally drive a commercial vehicle with an expired DOT card. Maybe next time you can make arrangements to get it a little earlier. (I did the same thing once. My BP was up a little bit and I took the physical on the way to work. The Dr did not give me the card, and I had to call in and explain.) No manager is going to take the chance of you going out and either getting checked or have an accident while out of compliance.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Next time tell your sup to set your dot appt !!!
Screw him you called in right !!
You spoke with a human , no text or answering machine I hope !!!!!

Holydriver

i guess what im really asking is what sort of discipline should i expect tomorrow when i go into work? a warning letter? a verbal warning? or some sort of BS article 50 procedings? my center likes to suspend drivers for weeks on end. i see that as unlikely as we near peak, but i guess its possible, right? i mean, :censored2:, i need the money i would earn today......id rather not have did the physical

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The next to last physical I took before I retired, I went to the doctor 2 weeks before it expired. My BP was up. They took it several times. The doctor told me he was calling HR and telling them he was pulling my card THAT DAY. I told him, but I still have 2 weeks on it. He said that didn't matter, my card was null and void. I was pist, which of course, didn't help my BP. lol

Covemastah

The next to last physical I took before I retired, I went to the doctor 2 weeks before it expired. My BP was up. They took it several times. The doctor told me he was calling HR and telling them he was pulling my card THAT DAY. I told him, but I still have 2 weeks on it. He said that didn't matter, my card was null and void. I was pist, which of course, didn't help my BP. lol
I was over limit Tex but got a tempory 3 month card!!
You mustah blown the Velcro off of that cup. Lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My old feeder dept. used to post a list of soon-to-be-expiring DOT cards about a month in advance. They stopped doing that several years ago. If you let it expire, it was on you and earned you a warning letter. At least in the feeder department I was in. Look at it like this. You learned a lesson. You won't get another WL for the same thing within the next 9 months.

Covemastah

i guess what im really asking is what sort of discipline should i expect tomorrow when i go into work? a warning letter? a verbal warning? or some sort of BS article 50 procedings? my center likes to suspend drivers for weeks on end. i see that as unlikely as we near peak, but i guess its possible, right? i mean, :censored2:, i need the money i would earn today......id rather not have did the physical
You called in spoke to someone and booked off!!
They can't call you and or text you later to come in ,, that's not allowed ! Book on the next day by calling center then get a hold of steward first thing in the morning !

oldngray

nowhere special

I had my last physical a month before I retired. MY BP was just over the limit and I got a 3 month card. I didn't have to mess with the retesting and associated BS. It did drop on its own after I retired though. Imagine that?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had gotten a 3 month card a couple of years back. Once you get a 3 month card, you cannot get another one. This particular time, I had taken my meds before I went up there. After I had been there a while, and was too high 3 times, they kicked in and I blew a 125/77. The doctor couldn't believe it. He didn't want me to pass, but he had to pass me.

Covemastah

I had my last physical a month before I retired. MY BP was just over the limit and I got a 3 month card. I didn't have to mess with the retesting and associated BS. It did drop on its own after I retired though. Imagine that?
Hmmmm. Wonder why!!
Don't mess around with that tho,, go see your dr it's a serious thing !!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Tex. I didn't know that about second time !! Good info thanks and glad your ok ,,,
Yeah, I didn't know that either. I have white coat syndrome. It goes up every time I went in to get a physical. The dr told me I couldn't get another 90 day card, and I had delivered my last package for UPS. He was a D.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You don't coordinate it with the center? Here the OMS schedules it, you get paid for it, and the invoice gets sent to the company.

Holydriver

No man they tell usnits to be done on our own time. That's why I wasted 3 hours of my Saturday and drove about 35 miles thru northern Virginia looking to do it the right way.

9.5er

You don't coordinate it with the center? Here the OMS schedules it, you get paid for it, and the invoice gets sent to the company.

We have to get ours on our own time also. But before we go we have to go to the center and print out the paperwork. There is only one office we can go to for our physical.