Unfair Production Standards

mva1985

What a friggin joke! Management should be going on strike! having to deal with union employees is horrible! They have little to no work ethic, and don't have to have any accountability because the adult babysitters club (union) will protect them. Pathetic.

Maybe as management if you don't like your job go find a new one... seems like I've heard sups tell teamsters this before.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You are correct, we have the best in the industry. Not to worry, we do not have the same business model as DHL. Our business model is to pay drivers the absolutely highest in the industry, by a long shot, and then beat them like red headed step children to get more out of them than the rest of the industry, by a long shot. It seems to be working...

Just keep the money coming, I'll keep delivering safely and as efficiently as possiable with the tools and resources given.:party:

brownIEman

Just keep the money coming, I'll keep delivering safely and as efficiently as possiable with the tools and resources given.:party:

You seem to be satisfied with the current business model. You may find yourself at odds with many of your brothers and sisters who are not during the next contract issues conversations.

dillweed

i was offered a sticker but didn't accept it. There are no production standards.

The union rep handing them out leans on a broom and hobnobs with management. During and outsdide of work hours. Bit of a joke.

I don't feel our management team felt any pressure from the stickers as, after our daily safety talk, they continued to slam production.

BCFan

I think mgnmt actually gave a flip here in Atl....They did NOT like our stickers..oh well tuff stuff...we are not machines just humans BC

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm with dill. Until the union hierarchy takes the issue seriously, we should we? We are there everyday dealing with the B.S. What are they doing everyday? UPS is laughing in the face of every steward and agent of the union who takes their "Jimmy Dean Sandwiches".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think mgnmt actually gave a flip here in Atl....They did NOT like our stickers..oh well tuff stuff...we are not machines just humans BC
Oh, thanks for the neg. rep. Apparently you can only have one opinion to post under 'Union Issues" !!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You seem to be satisfied with the current business model. You may find yourself at odds with many of your brothers and sisters who are not during the next contract issues conversations.

UPS is in the business of making money, as am I. I just do what I'm told and do it safely, regardless of some fictitious number is handed down by someone somewhere. I seem to still get paid every week and don't have issues. As far as at odds with other union members, I think they are just looking for the same thing I am, fair days work for fair days pay. I guess the fact I refuse to acknowledge production standards over safety when I'm spoken to by management makes them leave me alone.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That "Fat Cat" was not as fat as the Union guy in picture #4.

dsc_0960.jpg
dsc_1313.jpg

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
NO doubt about them union guys. They are either extremly fat or have facial hair, or both, mostly both. The guy who handed me my sticker was ENORMOUS, no facial hair though, if that helps... Which only signifies to me that these people really have no idea what a hard days work really is, nor have ever done one.

To have one of those types talk to others that know about it is just a ignorant moment.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
NO doubt about them union guys. They are either extremly fat or have facial hair, or both, mostly both. The guy who handed me my sticker was ENORMOUS, no facial hair though, if that helps... Which only signifies to me that these people really have no idea what a hard days work really is, nor have ever done one.

To have one of those types talk to others that know about it is just a ignorant moment.

lol!!! over the years when I see a steward who can barely move nevermind load or sort, I know he can get the steward part of the job done the best. :)

SFTifoso

At my center my full time management were having a fit. They had "HR" walking around like the gestapo to see who was wearing the stickers. And they also threaten to write people up who were wearing the sticker. I'm no lawyer, but doesn't this trample all over people's freedom of speech, especially since UPS has no dress code for hub workers? I've seen people wearing just right down offensive shirts, and UPS says nothing. Yet a little sticker that teases their acronym and they're almost brought to tears.

One funny bit was that some of the part time sups wore the stickers after they got off from work. :rofl:

dillweed

At my center my full time management were having a fit. They had "HR" walking around like the gestapo to see who was wearing the stickers. And they also threaten to write people up who were wearing the sticker. I'm no lawyer, but doesn't this trample all over people's freedom of speech, especially since UPS has no dress code for hub workers? I've seen people wearing just right down offensive shirts, and UPS says nothing. Yet a little sticker that teases their acronym and they're almost brought to tears.

One funny bit was that some of the part time sups wore the stickers after they got off from work. :rofl:

Now THAT'S funny! Our own pt sup was complaining today about the unfair production standards. Poor guy just doesn't even care any more.

Nimnim

The Nim
I wore my sticker, but I knew it wouldn't matter on my sort. Midnight shift in a hub, everyone including management feels the same way about the numbers, just the management have to actually pay attention to them and appear to care.