Unfair Production Standards

menotyou

bella amicizia
Much like a pre-school teacher.. I rest my case.

What case? The acronyms, basic arithmetic, finger pointing and trickledown sounds like I am hearing yet another conference call that are oh so easy to pick up the phone and put on speakerphone for the entire preload and drivers to laugh their balls at.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What case? The acronyms, basic arithmetic, finger pointing and trickledown sounds like I am hearing yet another conference call that are oh so easy to pick up the phone and put on speakerphone for the entire preload and drivers to laugh their balls at.

You do like to make life difficult for yourself, don't you?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I live on the edge. Funny thing is, it wasn't me picking up the phone. It was the boyfriend(preloader) of the preload sup. She suggested we would want the hear the call. You gotta love my center!!
:rofl:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
what is the correct response when told of "any" production standard?

We do not "produce" anything, except statstics that I.E. can manipulate and convince operations mgmt that anomalies have value while the chaos theory does not! We simply move the packages, nothing more nothing less.

brownIEman

what is the correct response when told of "any" production standard?

For some, the response is "My union does not recognize production standards. Further more, neither do I, nor do I believe in them. Also, neither my union or I believe in giving a fair days work. Although we did sign a contract stating we did, we purposefully made sure the definition of such is so nebulous as to be non-existent. I will therefore not work to yours nor any standard. In fact, I will go just as slowly as I feel like, and if you ask me to go faster, I will claim you are trying to make me do something that is unsafe. Even though in truth, you and I both know I could do about twice the work I am doing without getting anywhere in the realm of an unsafe pace."

Usually only the first sentence is verbalized.

I am not saying this is everyone's response, but many. There was a time I would have said you know who you are, but I have come to learn that many of the slugs really do not, in fact, realize they are slugs.

tourists24

For some, the response is "My union does not recognize production standards. Further more, neither do I, nor do I believe in them. Also, neither my union or I believe in giving a fair days work. Although we did sign a contract stating we did, we purposefully made sure the definition of such is so nebulous as to be non-existent. I will therefore not work to yours nor any standard. In fact, I will go just as slowly as I feel like, and if you ask me to go faster, I will claim you are trying to make me do something that is unsafe. Even though in truth, you and I both know I could do about twice the work I am doing without getting anywhere in the realm of an unsafe pace."

I am not saying this is everyone's response, but many. There was a time I would have said you know who you are, but I have come to learn that many of the slugs really do not, in fact, realize they are slugs.
Spoken like a true IE goon

Come on I've yet to find a driver who isn't working harder than most people in other professions. If you believe the statement that you wrote is true then I think you are smoking CRACK. Just saying

tourists24

Come on I've yet to find a driver who isn't working harder than most people in other professions. If you believe the statement that you wrote is true then I think you are smoking CRACK. Just saying

No, its just an IE guy who thinks the world should work the way "they" say it should. Its not that they suck, its the driver's fault (at least "many" of them)

Nimnim

The Nim

I can't speak for drivers, but when it comes to hub workers, there are quite a few who fit under his criteria. Yeah, it's not the majority, but they do exist.

804brown

We do not "produce" anything, except statstics that I.E. can manipulate and convince operations mgmt that anomalies have value while the chaos theory does not! We simply move the packages, nothing more nothing less.

You are correct. We do not "produce" any product but we produce every penny of that $5.8 BILLION in profits!!

804brown

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn! Yeah ok so many slugs making a helluva lot of $$ for you pencil pushers!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can't speak for drivers, but when it comes to hub workers, there are quite a few who fit under his criteria. Yeah, it's not the majority, but they do exist.

It is not as prevalent among the drivers but there are a few who also fit this criteria.

The few you speak of do not resemble the majority that work here.

To IEboy: the slugs you speak of were hired by your co-workers.

bigblu 2 you

now lets trade places and i am the i e man and you are the slug.i ask you to work faster and you say??well lets say you agree.then a few days or even weeks later i tell you those numbers have changed and i need better,you know where this is going dont you?im sorry to say i will have to give you a warning letter for not following mngmt instructions,failure to use methods,dishonesty,or any number of bogus violations i can think of.and soon you will be at a panel and i will have a file on you that makes you look like the wrench stuck in the cog.now let me ask you again,,,pick it up or find employment elsewhere.