Uniform has gone missing 5 times

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Bitcoinz, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Bitcoinz

Bitcoinz They wanted my "Avatar" pic.

So I have been trying to order my "default" uniform package. Where they ask me what kind of shirts sizes, shorts, pants, baseball or safari hat, jacket, etc.. This is the 4th or 5th time I've tried to order it. Every time it "disappears". I have been pretty good about going in there often and inquiring about it.

The tell me last week I start my 30 days here in a week, but I only have one shirt and shorts and pants. What if its pouring? I don't have any rain-gear. Do I really get one shirt?

Is there something in the contract that states they have to provided them to me? Or am I just "SOL" until they get them to me?

2. SOL,till you get them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Bitcoinz

Bitcoinz They wanted my "Avatar" pic.

That's what I kind of thought. So can I provided my own rain gear then?

4. Just sneak It in. change on your route. shh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It was me....I hide drivers' browns...lol

6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Show up naked. It worked for Indie!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Ups dosent provide any rain gear!

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Inde is a special case. He has that full body tattoo of a UPS uniform.

9. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

If they can't get you a full set of uniform accessories, just bring whatever from home. Like I've Gotta Pkg 4U says, put it on after you get out of the building. If someone sees it out there and has a problem, just explain how many times your order has disappeared.
    Just dont say something derogatory about that being UPS service just yet! Get past those 30 days first. :)

10. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

HR told me they don't order new driver uniforms because they expect them to washout.

11. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Just wear same browns for the week. Let the customers complain tell them ups only provided ya one set of browns. Is do that in a heart beat..they don't wanna supply is the right gear to do out job not our problem

12. Dweezel

Dweezel New Member

The rain coat is a shell for the winter coat. Atleast in the northeast it is. 3 shirts and 3 pants or shorts 1 belt 1 jacket 1 hat. Fun times.

Sent using BrownCafe App

13. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I had to wear hand me downs my first couple of weeks. Ask some drivers if they have any old uniforms you can have. I was actually wearing the old school logo for a bit. We have a box where drivers bring their old stuff and chunk it in. I actually get all my stuff from that box.

14. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

3 shirts? You do laundry more than once a week? Granted, I have been known to wear my shorts for more than 1 day, but not my shirt. 5 shirts is a minimum.

15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Standard UPS issue is 3 pants and 5 shirts. Then you add in the seasonal variations such as both long and short sleeved shirts (or shirt jacs) and even long pants have summer and winter thickness you accumulate many uniforms over the years.

16. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

"The Employer shall supply both a lightweight uniform for summer and a heavier uniform for winter. Each employee will be issued six (6) pairs of trousers and ten (10) shirts. The employee will be allowed to select his/her choice of shirts and trousers, in any com- bination, from short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, shirt jacs, light trousers and heavy trousers."

The language in the Central Region, is still the same.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

It might be outdated....

But the language, can still require the company to launder the pants.

"The Employer is to schedule the cleaning of the uniform pants so as to assure that each driver has an adequate and serviceable uniform available."

Just as.... management people can be forced to wear name tags.

-Bug-

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I do laundry twice a week and will wear my uniform for 3 days before I wash it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

^^Rinses his stockings out in the sink every night.;)

19. bleedinbrown58

Is that keg kicked yet, Cos?

20. bleedinbrown58

Even in the summer when it's hot and humid?? You must smell fabulous by Day 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List