uniform orders

U

uber

How long does it usually take?

Do the sizes run small or bigger than normal sizes? I'm about 5'9 170lbs and like the short sleeve uniform long enough to cover my tattoo, but not ridiculously long.

I've only ordered winter clothes so I don't really know.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
1 week usually, pants shorts run small,shirts normal
One week is amazing. Usually takes a month here. The real problem for me is I'm pretty tall so I have to order "long" in everything. Shirts, shorts and pants. I know my OMS always submits the order correctly but somehow I always get the regular lengths. Takes about two or three tries and some "WTF are you doing?" Emails to get it right. Atlanta and Twin Hill was match made in Heaven.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Most things can be ordered in long sizes, have you seen the newer long sleeve shirt jacks?
I ordered some last year so I'd stop hearing about wearing long sleeve tees under my short sleeved shirt jackets. Its amazing how the "same" shirt fits 3 different ways. One is perfect, one rides up my back and the other sleeves barely hit my wrists. Back to short sleeves with long sleeved tees I went.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do they have "long" sizes?

I love the shirt jacks but my stomach always hangs out.

I have the same problem. A normal 2X jac shirt is fine if you are an obese dwarf, but anyone taller than about 5'-5 is going to be flashing their bellybutton every time they raise their arns. You can order them in "tall", thats what I wear, but they are backordered a lot and when they do finally show up your order is always short by 2 or 3 shirts.

65Goat

Generally, if you run a rural route the sizes run very small. If you think you should wear a 34 for instance, you should probably order a 38. If you don't fit into it immediately, you will very soon.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How long it takes to get uniforms depends on how fast the OMS person in charge of that sends in the order after the center manager approves it. It can also depend on whether or not your Center has already spent its uniform allowance for that month. My Center has a $1500 a month allowance, the other Center in my hub that has the same number of drivers has an $850 allowance. I am guessing that is because my Center generates more revenue than the other Center, I'm not sure.

​ You can also order shirts and jackets with extra long sleeve sizes, thats what I wear. I recently ordered several sets of Winter and Summer uniforms, I noticed the Twin Hill made in Kenya shirts were replaced with Cintas shirts manufactured in Egypt. I really miss the Riverside uniforms, they were better quality.

Notretiredyet

I ordered some last year so I'd stop hearing about wearing long sleeve tees under my short sleeved shirt jackets. Its amazing how the "same" shirt fits 3 different ways. One is perfect, one rides up my back and the other sleeves barely hit my wrists. Back to short sleeves with long sleeved tees I went.
I've been having the same problem with those also, momma has been bitching all winter about how dirty my white underarmour are getting around the wrists. My theory on this is that after all these years of pounding my torso has gotten shorter by a few inches, but my arms have been stretched from all the end range motion.

sppollock

I got my pants/shorts/jacket and vest in a week, still waiting on my shirts. Of course, I received 4 pairs of used pants and I told our manager that I buy new pants to wear for a couple hours a week, there is no way I was going to accept used pants to wear 10-12 hours a day five days a week. I sent them back and hopefully will received new pants next week.

stink219

Depends on a lot of factors. We get stuff in 2 days sometimes. Never longer than a week. The uniform company sizes suck. The model might have had body dismorphic disorder.

S

serenity now

i was wearing some twin hill crap the other day and the difference in the dye lots between the shirt and the pants was so bad, it didn't even look like a uniform * go back to Riverside

soberups

How long it takes to get uniforms depends on how fast the OMS person in charge of that sends in the order after the center manager approves it. It can also depend on whether or not your Center has already spent its uniform allowance for that month. My Center has a $1500 a month allowance, the other Center in my hub that has the same number of drivers has an $850 allowance. I am guessing that is because my Center generates more revenue than the other Center, I'm not sure.

Awhile back when the company went into panic cost-cutting mode, they reduced the monthly uniform allowance down to about nothing and started refusing to accept uniform orders entirely. I filed a grievance which was upheld and the company agreed to process my uniform requests in a timely manner. If I need shirts I will order them and the company will provide them regardless of whatever "budget" some bean-counter decides my center will be allowed.

The contract requires the company to provide suitable uniforms. When in public, we are the face of the company and there is no rational reason why we should be out there wearing ratty, mismatched crap uniforms.

U

uber

Awhile back when the company went into panic cost-cutting mode, they reduced the monthly uniform allowance down to about nothing and started refusing to accept uniform orders entirely. I filed a grievance which was upheld and the company agreed to process my uniform requests in a timely manner. If I need shirts I will order them and the company will provide them regardless of whatever "budget" some bean-counter decides my center will be allowed.

The contract requires the company to provide suitable uniforms. When in public, we are the face of the company and there is no rational reason why we should be out there wearing ratty, mismatched crap uniforms.

Accidentally "tear" all your browns and I think they'll get the point. They want us to look professional right?

soberups

Accidentally "tear" all your browns and I think they'll get the point. They want us to look professional right?

A better way to make that point is to show up with no uniform at all, clock on, and demand your 8 hr gurantee. They can send you out to to work in your street clothes, they can pay you to sit in the office for 8 hrs or they can get off their asses and expedite your uniform order. The center manager has the ability to go "over budget" and process uniform orders Next Day Air if needed; all he lacks is the willingness. Having you show up on the report for 8 hrs of pay in the office will help him to develop that willingness. Its simply a question of which report he would rather show up on. Life is about choices, and he gets paid the big bucks to make the tough ones.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

We don't have that issue in my center. My OMS is awesome. I only had a few short sleeve shirts and I ripped the sleeve on my bulkhead door the other day so my OMS just ordered me 5 more shirts when I asked to have that one replaced. It will be nice being able to stop doing laundry in the middle of the week.
Edit: Come to think of it I still only have 3 pairs of shorts so guess I'll still have to do laundry twice a week.

U

uber

We don't have that issue in my center. My OMS is awesome. I only had a few short sleeve shirts and I ripped the sleeve on my bulkhead door the other day so my OMS just ordered me 5 more shirts when I asked to have that one replaced. It will be nice being able to stop doing laundry in the middle of the week.
Edit: Come to think of it I still only have 3 pairs of shorts so guess I'll still have to do laundry twice a week.

You have good OMS's. I turned in my uniform order and they told me they have already spent their allotment this month on uniforms.

Riiiiiiiiiight.........