Uniform Policy for shorts

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A lot of us wear shorts all winter long, with jackets and/or long sleeve shirts. My personal record cold temperature for wearing shorts was 11 degrees. Its an Oregon thing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A lot of us wear shorts all winter long, with jackets and/or long sleeve shirts. My personal record cold temperature for wearing shorts was 11 degrees. Its an Oregon thing.
Temperature doesn't bother me. Wind and snow are what get to me. I've worn shorts into the teens here in PA but once the wind starts, it's time to cover up the legs. We do have one driver that I'm pretty sure has never worn a pair of brown pants in the couple years he's been driving.

Ice3ird

I have a tattoo on my forearm, got it when I was young and trust me I wish I didn't. Anyways for the last few years I wore a compression sleeve(brown) then last month I was told I have to wear long sleeves. It gets hot in the summer but I understand and I deal with it because I my job is worth it, however I was told no shorts with long sleeves, drivers in my center do it but I feel like I would stick out now. Is this a real policy or is it just a standard?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a tattoo on my forearm, got it when I was young and trust me I wish I didn't. Anyways for the last few years I wore a compression sleeve(brown) then last month I was told I have to wear long sleeves. It gets hot in the summer but I understand and I deal with it because I my job is worth it, however I was told no shorts with long sleeves, drivers in my center do it but I feel like I would stick out now. Is this a real policy or is it just a standard?

It does seem weird that we can wear short sleeve shirts and pants but can't wear shorts with long sleeve shirts.

Would removal be covered?

I would hope not.

One of our drivers uses spray cover up so be can wear short sleeves.

Future

Victory Ride
Just saying how many military veterans have tattoos ....and a lot work for UPS....... They should show some respect for them and cut the nonsense with the long sleeves

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Does the compression sleeve go up past your elbow? If so, maybe wear an elbow brace (it's like an ace bandage with velcro that wraps around your elbow) over the compression sleeve. If management complains....tell them it's for "support to help prevent injury." I know a driver that does this to cover a leg tattoo using a knee brace so he doesn't have to wear long pants in the summer.