Uniform polo shirts

Ruralbrownman

Is there anywhere in the country where polo shirts are still offered to drivrers to wear on the route. The ones I still have were available for purchase a few years ago , but I have not seen any for a while. I know there is a Lands End collection but there are not any brown polo shirts in there. Every other delivery company has polo shirts, except UPS , and they still maintain a professional appearance. Why cant we????

705red

Browncafe Steward
Is there anywhere in the country where polo shirts are still offered to drivrers to wear on the route. The ones I still have were available for purchase a few years ago , but I have not seen any for a while. I know there is a Lands End collection but there are not any brown polo shirts in there. Every other delivery company has polo shirts, except UPS , and they still maintain a professional appearance. Why cant we????
I have several with the old logos and they cant be worn anymore. I heard that ups discontinued with them.

Hangingon

Really? We've never been told not to wear items with the old logo. Heck I still have my original jacket from 24 years ago that I still wear during summer rainstorms since it is light and waterproof, and I definitely wear polo shirts I bought with the old logo.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Really? We've never been told not to wear items with the old logo. Heck I still have my original jacket from 24 years ago that I still wear during summer rainstorms since it is light and waterproof, and I definitely wear polo shirts I bought with the old logo.
Maybe our nazi generals here have something against the old logo, they have actually verbally warned drivers over their uniforms for it. But it was ok to wear the olympic ups logos up until this new logo came out. We should just make the whiteboard our new logo.

rushfan

This has nothing to do with the polo shirts:

I can't get any new uniforms, our office gal says no until summer. I have to bring in the old ones so she can see if their ruined before ordering. So I dug some out of the closet with the old logo. I have one with the olympic logo. When questioned, I just say I can't get new uniforms. Same thing with my jacket. It has "rookie grease" (grease from the 5th wheel, dollies, and nose of the trailers) from feeder school, all over it. I say I can't get anything new.

We need Mike to visit here so I can get new uniforms.

SmithBarney

Just bring all your old unusable uniforms in, say look I cannot
uphold our standards of appearance wearing these.

Give them to your supervisor, make them order you new clothing.

Ms Spoken

I bought and paid for my Polo shirts with my own money so until they wear out there is noway I'm going to stop wearing them because of the old logo. I fear the day that I have to wear the button up shirt.

Overpaid Union Thug

It is getting increasingly more difficult to get uniforms now. It used to take a couple days. Now it takes anywhere from a week to several weeks. Does anyone else out there wear the UPS issued visor? I'd like to get one of those.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I heard the budgets got squeezed on uniforms.

Onto the accessories. I do believe they can't stop you from wearing them. They are official uniforms that were bought by you. If they want to buy them back, I can see that being ok. I still have several polos that I wear. Not all the time, but occasionally. Mine are starting to fall apart after several years of use. But alot of us have the accessory jackets, vests, windbreakers, sweaters, etc. They have yet to tell any of us we can't wear them.

In fact, I had one day I came to work wearing ALL accessories. Yes, ALL of them. For the younger guys out there, the shorts were an accessory originally. We had to buy them and the old brown socks with yellow stripe to boot. Couple halloweens ago I dragged out the old uniforms. My polo, shorts, and socks. My customers laughed a bit, since they hadn't seen most of those things in awhile. Didn't have a word spoken to me that day.

govols019

You smell that?
I wear the visor when I'm in need of a haircut. I've got a console full of them in my Blazer.

We put in an order for uniforms and they are normally in within 2-3 days. We also have an OMS that works her butt off for us.

Cementups

Box Monkey
One of my supes was going out on the road the other day and when I came in in the mornin I laid iton him pretty thick. He was wearing, with pride, a nicely pressed button down, brown, shirt with the oldlogo accompanied by the olymipic logo. he had to have blown teh dust off of those first in order to wear them.

satellitedriver

It is getting increasingly more difficult to get uniforms now. It used to take a couple days. Now it takes anywhere from a week to several weeks. Does anyone else out there wear the UPS issued visor? I'd like to get one of those.
I have one, never wore it. Old logo. Just not my style. Make me an offer.
Is it "legal" for A UPSER to sell or trade uniforms/accessories to other UPSER'S?
I know you can not offer these items to the general public, but does that rule apply to internal trading/selling of UPS uniforms and old labels?
Tie, any thoughts?
If it is OK, then we could start our own internal EBAY.
JEEZ!!! I must be tired or bored of the APWA/teamster debate to bring this subject up, but it just struck me as a strange possibility.

clockrider

brown did nothing 4 me
anyone receive any new uniforms from the new vendors? I know we no longer use GA Rivers/Riverside. Are the new uniforms as cheaply made as the old ones? we were told they are being made in China/Vietnam instead of Georgia (Rivers) and are supposed to be 30 to 50 % cheaper cost to the company. must cut costs to keep shareholders happy.....those $0.35 dividends sure don't.

Raw

Raw Member
Is there anywhere in the country where polo shirts are still offered to drivrers to wear on the route. The ones I still have were available for purchase a few years ago , but I have not seen any for a while. I know there is a Lands End collection but there are not any brown polo shirts in there. Every other delivery company has polo shirts, except UPS , and they still maintain a professional appearance.
What style collar do you want? A French collar,Italian,button down,hidden buttons,wide spread,wide spread double buttons,San Remo,San Remo double buttons,long,curved spread,wing tip,or band collar? What kind of body cut? A plain,box pleated,two-sides pleats,split yoke,classic,staight, or straight cut? Do you want a no pocket, square pocket, round pocket, angle pocket,diamond pocket, or flap pocket? :confused:1

Sammie

What style collar do you want? A French collar,Italian,button down,hidden buttons,wide spread,wide spread double buttons,San Remo,San Remo double buttons,long,curved spread,wing tip,or band collar? What kind of body cut? A plain,box pleated,two-sides pleats,split yoke,classic,staight, or straight cut? Do you want a no pocket, square pocket, round pocket, angle pocket,diamond pocket, or flap pocket? :confused:1

All things classy, all things stylish. Got us some GQ men !!:cool:

Hi
I'am from the UK and we dont get a choice with the uniform. We get 3 long sleeve shirts, 3 short sleeve shirts 3 pair of pants. 1 jacket ,one hat. no socks, if we want shorts we have to buy them. We can not get a replacement till the old ones have worn out!! Do they supply shoes/boots in the USA???