Uniform Quality, Part 2

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Since this is the complaint department, I feel I must add my 2 cents. I have some shirts with the logo on either side. My thought was that we were doing a switch over, though now I guess it was just an error. I also have a shirt that has lost the logom but no one seems to notice. I have ordered new shorts since I have lost about 20lbs in the past year. I ordered one size larger than what I have in civilian clothes, and they are god-awfully tight. I have just re-ordered a size larger short and am awaiting the surprise that will come any day now.

As for socks, I wish that UPS had a deal with a company that made water wicking socks. The old socks faded quickly as well as wore out quickly. The next version had logo and elasticity issues, and the current version twist and turn in my shoes.

helenofcalifornia

Wait a minute....you guys get to order uniforms??? And you actually get something??? We can't even order uniforms. We have guys wearing threadbare shorts and the proverbial ink spots on the bottom of the pocket. At least you get SOMETHING, it's better than NOTHING. Maybe with this April 5 new merger, consolidation of districts, divisions, etc., things will change for the better. (Or worse, who knows?)

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Wait a minute....you guys get to order uniforms??? And you actually get something??? We can't even order uniforms. We have guys wearing threadbare shorts and the proverbial ink spots on the bottom of the pocket. At least you get SOMETHING, it's better than NOTHING. Maybe with this April 5 new merger, consolidation of districts, divisions, etc., things will change for the better. (Or worse, who knows?)

Helen,

Our center was shut off from ordering in the last quarter of 2009 (Sept and lasted for about a month) - according to finance we were way over budget. This has been happening for the last couple of years. No one ever knew what the monthly budget was and what the price for each piece of clothing was.

This has nothing to do with the small package consolidation. Every center has a monthly budget for uniforms. It varies monthly, with October and November being the highest (peak drivers and helpers).

How long haven't you been able to order? If you haven't been able to order for several months, then someone is not following up with finance - all it takes is 1 call...

bad company

semi-pro
If your center is denying you uniforms, file a grievance. You have a contractual right to the cheap ass uniforms UPS provides you. Secondly, stop washing your uniform and quit having your significant other do patch jobs to them. However, if you are going to do a patch job, use a different color and size button for each repair. Or patch a small hole with bright yellow or pink fabric. Your business manager will get the hint real quick, and I am willing to bet you that you will have "new" uniforms magically appear within a day or two.

bad company

semi-pro
I ordered some regular length shorts, and got sent the baggy ones instead. If I were tall, this wouldn't be too bad. But I am pretty short, and these shorts look ghetto as hell. I felt like a DHL thug with those shorts on. I tried to get them sent back, and I was told that those shorts were all they were sending out, evidently because they had a surplus of them. Maybe I'll go all out one day, and wear the baggy shorts with a extra extra large shirt, and wear a UPS cap (tag still on) backwards while holding a black and mild in my between my ear and head.

1..jpg
1..jpg

browniehound

I don't think too many people would wear their shirts over their crotch.

You're right, most people wouldn't but my butt is so big, I get embarrassed by its size. To fight it I cover it with a shirt. I'm sorry, on top of being fat, I'm also ugly. Excuse me for living.
I love you too hoaxster.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just received the "shorts" that I ordered. If I wore these things I'd look like I was wearing women's Capri pants. In order for these things to be "shorts", I'd have to have 6 foot long legs. I'll take a picture of this tomorrow so you all can see what I mean.

helenofcalifornia

where did quality control go in the uniform department? Does anyone know the name of the person in Atlanta who is in charge of uniforms? I would like to drop them a note.

JustTired

free at last.......
That's a lot more than I made when I was 7 years old

Were you stuck behind a sewing machine 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week?

As far as not being able to order uniforms because of being over-budget.....Maybe they should have thought about that before they gave the uniform contract to someone who obviously makes disposable uniforms (wear once and throw away).

NHDRVR

One of our drivers had just received his uniform order Friday and thought he would wear one of his new short sleeve shirts as it was going to be in the 70's. I am not making this up---the UPS logo was upside down and the left shirt sleeve had been hemmed but the right had not. We all got a kick out of it, including the dispatch sup and center manager, and joked about the quality control at Cintas. He decided to wear it to see how many of his customer's noticed.

I would love to see a pic of that...