Uniforms that we wear

Kevin211

Just revievied my uniforms, I'm very sad to see that these are not made by a union person in the USA. But are out sourced over sea's to be made. Maybe we can find a better uniform Company in the future, one that has usa in there for front.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There have been several other threads about this subject recently.
All posters are in agreement that our current uniforms are crap.

New Englander

The Uniforms are crap.

The Teamsters have nothing to do with them. (Union)

UPS is a global company. They are not just concerned with the USA.

CRASH501

Since we have switched over to cintas i have gained weight and am forced to wear there garbage product ga rivers uniforms were sooo much better.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We all see how well company's do when everything is union, (UAW). Maybe they want to see the company last for a few more years...

Do you see a problem with management wanting to make more suv's and trucks when they have been loosing sales on these types of vehicles for the last 10 years???? How about having a little foresight and get into "greener" types of vehicles like toyota did YEARS ago. The big 3 lack vision and now they're trying to play catch-up. Check out toyota pay package for their workers, they arent exactly making minimum wage.

browniehound

I hate the new uniforms. I've ordered about 3 times now trying to figure out which size fits best. None of them fit as well as the riverside uniforms. I'll wear these until I get holes in them, lol.

CRASH501

i hate the new uniforms. I've ordered about 3 times now trying to figure out which size fits best. None of them fit as well as the riverside uniforms. I'll wear these until i get holes in them, lol.
Exactly my point i have 3 different sizes i wear a 40 but 40/42 dont fit ..... 44 is snug......46 is freaking huge what am i supposed to do , and then they all split in the crotch

helenofcalifornia

I was cleaning out my son's closet recently and found a ton of old uniforms, jackets, etc. Most with the old logo, but those shorts will come in handy and I like the old style jackets better anyway.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a brand-new shirt that I got in 1996 and never wore. It is still folded and pinned with the little cardboard thingy in the collar. It has the old logo, with the Olympic rings and the words "worldwide Olympic sponsor" under it. We were told that we could no longer wear these shirts; I plan on saving it until my final day at UPS and wearing it for the first, and last, time.

JustTired

free at last.......
It has the old logo, with the Olympic rings and the words "worldwide Olympic sponsor" under it. We were told that we could no longer wear these shirts;

Wasn't that right after the CEO got snubbed at the Sidney games? That ended that sponsorship!!

Kevin211

when we come to contract time in 4 yrs would this be the time to "recommend" that we have a union company make our uniforms?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You've got to cut costs somewhere.

You could cut the budget for our "safety committee" by about 95% and no one would know the difference.

We have a guy who gets paid an hour of OT every morning to put stickers on the dashboard of each packge car with little safety slogans on them. Every day I see piles of these damn little stickers in the trash or blowing around in the wind. That is one guy making 5 hrs of OT per week for doing basically nothing.