Uniforms

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had a thermometer in the back of my pacakge car (digital) and the temperature reached 139 degrees. Man, I wished OSHA cared....

P1200, industrial park, middle of summer

Geez. I've seen as high as 120 in the back of on of those old, non-vented P1000's, but 139 is insane!

brownbiker

brownbiker
UPS doen't care about your comfort. It's all about profit. They have contracted to the least expensive company they could find to fill our uniform needs. In our center they have a very limited budget and drivers are wearing shirts with holes, pants with crotches torn, jackets that are falling apart. Many drivers go out and buy their own brown clothing that is non-ups issue. Management doesn't say a thing. They only made 1.4 billion dollars last quarter.... cut the greedy suckers a break. Cahart loves the extra business.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have ordered uniforms 4 times since January and they have still not come in. The clerk that orders them says that our budget is 25$ a month for the entire center. Now how damn stupid is that?

FILE A GRIEVANCE.

I did, and it worked. The company has a contractual obligation to supply an adequate number of uniforms to each employee.

Another method is to simply report to work in jeans and a T-shirt, clock on, and inform them that since you no longer have any wearable uniforms you will be wearing whatever you feel like until they decide to fill your order.

Being forced to pay you your 8 hr gurantee will help to provide your management team with the "sense of urgency" they need to fill your order in a timely manner. That "$25 per month" budget they claim to be limited to can be exceeded if necessary...you just need to make it necessary.