Uniforms

Hangingon

Does anyone know if there are rules about what we may wear with our shorts? Our new center manager has just told us in a PCM that no long sleeve articles may be worn with our shorts. That includes long sleeve shirts, jackets, or raincoats. I can't find anything that specifically prohibits us doing so. Thanks for your help.

iruhnman630

As long as you're wearing official uniform parts, you should be good.

Especially with the jackets.

L/S shirt and shorts look a bit tacky together but Ive done it.

UPSER110

From what I learned at integrad with shorts you can only wear short sleeve shirts. They never said anything about a jacket or rain coat. I would for sure put a rain coat on if I needed it during the summer. Another requirement is UPS logo socks (purchased by you) with the shorts. No one at my center follows these rules nor are they enforced. We also have guys wearing the old logo.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wear shorts all year long, even when it snows, and I always wear a jacket. Sounds like your center manager is just making up rules for the pleasure of hearing himself talk.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As long as all uniform items are official there are no rules regarding which items can be worn with other items. I have worn SS shirts with pants but have never worn LS shirts with shorts.

UPSGUY72

Does anyone know if there are rules about what we may wear with our shorts? Our new center manager has just told us in a PCM that no long sleeve articles may be worn with our shorts. That includes long sleeve shirts, jackets, or raincoats. I can't find anything that specifically prohibits us doing so. Thanks for your help.

The key word is NEW . I would suspect the your shop steward was laughing when he heard that.

I once had a SUP try to tell me that I couldn't wear shorts after Sept.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The key word is NEW . I would suspect the your shop steward was laughing when he heard that.

I once had a SUP try to tell me that I couldn't wear shorts after Sept.
That was true back in early 90's when we first got them !! i remember that rule Ha Ha ,,we are showin our age 72 !!

Floyd Gondolli

Shorts, those are the ghey-est things about ups. there so 1980's. It could be 115 degrees out and i'm wearing pants. C'mon now!!! rolled up shirt sleeves as well. If you started driving after 1995 and you do this LOL. Pre 1995, you get a pass. Time to change the culture.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Shorts, those are the ghey-est things about ups. there so 1980's. It could be 115 degrees out and i'm wearing pants. C'mon now!!! rolled up shirt sleeves as well. If you started driving after 1995 and you do this LOL. Pre 1995, you get a pass. Time to change the culture.

The rolled up shirt sleeves look good with with the 5 buttons undone.

By the UPS uniform policy it states that you can only wear shorts with a short sleeve shirt. You can wear a short sleeve shirt with your pants. You are not supposed to wear long sleeves with shorts. Also if you do wear shorts you are supposed to wear the UPS branded socks with the UPS logo on them. As silly as it may be...it is the policy. Hope that helps.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think UPS should provide the socks if we are told to wear certain ones with shorts. Four bucks for a pair of poor quality socks? I ordered some a week ago and am still waiting. "In stock" and "order being processed", Twin Hill has poor service problems just like their quality problems.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think UPS should provide the socks if we are told to wear certain ones with shorts. Four bucks for a pair of poor quality socks? I ordered some a week ago and am still waiting. "In stock" and "order being processed", Twin Hill has poor service problems just like their quality problems.

UPS should form a partnership with Dr. Scholl's socks. They are some of the best socks I've ever had......the only problem is they are so expensive.....especially the diabetic socks. I managed to get them for 75% off at a store closing. They could make brown socks just for UPS. Put it in the suggestion box at work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS should form a partnership with Dr. Scholl's socks. They are some of the best socks I've ever had......the only problem is they are so expensive.....especially the diabetic socks. I managed to get them for 75% off at a store closing. They could make brown socks just for UPS. Put it in the suggestion box at work.

We have a suggestion box right outside the center manager's office.

It is a plastic chute with a recycling bin below it.

After all, we are a "green" company.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So let me get this striaght, if its 97 outside and I have my short pants and shirts on, and at say 1 it starts to rain hard, I cant put on a raincoat, or if I do I have to change into long pants.

bigblu 2 you

this just in.......you can wear spandex black biker shorts with a long sleeve shirt as long as you tie the shirt at your waist and not tuck it in!

bigblu 2 you

" time to change the culture",..? change to what,amish beards, long sleeve button up shirts with suspenders and such. dude i take comfort and coolness over fashion and such.btw you never hear customers jokingly say they cant wait till winter to see your coats and long pants,but many requests are made for us to show a little leg.c'mon playa',get in the game.