Uniforms

stealth8

In the 70's and early 80's part of our contract stated that our uniforms had to be made in the USA by a UNION company. Unfortunately all those UNION textile jobs in the USA were outsourced to some third world country!

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I ask for long in every thing. Otherwise the junk is too small. Usually it runs 2 full sizes bigger than you are. I'm a 36 long. Ups clothes --38 long

oldngray

nowhere special
I ask for long in every thing. Otherwise the junk is too small. Usually it runs 2 full sizes bigger than you are. I'm a 36 long. Ups clothes --38 long

It seems most new uniforms are made for a tall skinny Chinese guy. It waist fits then legs are 3 or 4 inches too long. Not always though. Sometimes the "same" size will be more like flood pants. You might need to order 2 or 3 times before you get something close to correct size.

heybobby!

In my center there is a box for uniform return I snatch up everything riverside in my size if pants to long I tailor them also I had a guy retire same size as me got 6 short sleeve riverside

Sent using a string attached to a can

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
They have tall sizes, just go to the uniform coordinator, usually the OMS in the center, and tell them they don't fit and you need tall sizes. All uniforms are free except the cute little socks. Search this forum for where to get socks. You will get hammered on here if you ask!!

mdnj88

I just got my winter clothes I ordered in October. Hopefully I'll get my summer stuff before Labor Day. Most of my stuff is hand me downs from other drivers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Mine are always tight in the crotch.
IMG_1866-1.jpg
I'll bet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just got my winter clothes I ordered in October. Hopefully I'll get my summer stuff before Labor Day. Most of my stuff is hand me downs from other drivers.
Why do people continue to let this happen. File on it. You are to get your uniforms in a timely manner. I always get mine within a week. I don't understand why it's so different at some centers.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've actually been tempted to buy other shorts/pants in a matching brown. Like to see if Dickies or Duluth makes something I could get away with.

Driver7906

In the 70's and early 80's part of our contract stated that our uniforms had to be made in the USA by a UNION company. Unfortunately all those UNION textile jobs in the USA were outsourced to some third world country!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Riverside is American-made and they are still around.

Driver7906

The only thing the CEO cares about is that the uniforms are sourced from the lowest bidder. He doesnt wear them, so the poor fit and quality is someone elses problem.

Well, I may have a better idea. All drivers who are sick of these crappy uniforms should refuse to donate money to the United Way through UPS until UPS agrees to invest in American made, better quality uniforms like Riverside. Email that to the CEO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, I may have a better idea. All drivers who are sick of these crappy uniforms should refuse to donate money to the United Way through UPS until UPS agrees to invest in American made, better quality uniforms like Riverside. Email that to the CEO.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to screw a charity over a totally unrelated issue.