Uniforms

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thatguy123, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Thatguy123

Thatguy123 Member

So I've ordered uniforms over two months ago being that I'm down to my last pair of shorts and a couple pair of pants.. Still haven't came in. No one in our center has received any since December and every time we ask about them we get the same bs answer. "We're working on it" or "can't get in touch with anyone". Anyone else experiencing this problem? Seems that they're trying to be cheap and save money. It's getting beyond ridiculous

2. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Show up in your rattiest pair of jeans and tell them you don't have any unis I bet you get them real quick

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Same problem here. Their stingy this time of year, but its not our fault the twinhill uniforms are junk.

4. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Best day to do that is the day the DM is visiting, that gets their attention.

5. Big J

Big J New Member

I think everyone has the same idea and Twinhill maybe can't keep up? But yes we have the same problem!

6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Each Center has just so much money for uniforms, ours is based on pickup volume. The other Center in our building doesn't bring in as much revenue, so they can't order as much as we can.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You make it sound like they actually can't order them.

File a grievance receive uniforms. It's that simple.

8. MoarTape

MoarTape Active Member

We supposedly got shutdown in NewPA feeders. Won't let us order any uniforms. Same crap as last year. "Over budget on uniforms"

9. File a grvince!!

10. rod

rod retired and happy

I've got a fedex shirt you can have

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I once wore an orange vest. Sure got action! New jacket came flying in with due hast!

12. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

If they would get quality, long lasting uniforms instead of this cheesy crap they would save money in the long run. What am I thinking, this is UPS.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Sounds about right, it took mine about 3 months to come in.

14. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Put a order in last Monday for a vest, shirts and pants. It was in last nite, minus the vest that I really needed.

15. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Just keep wearing the same uniform until the pants are encrusted in salt and the shirt has black sweat stains on all sides.

16. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Pretty sure they're brought in by bike from Bangladesh to my center. I'd give it another 2 months and then really start wondering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Vest came today, the OMS that does our uniform orders is great. Never had a problem getting anything, except years ago when the center manager had issues with the boonie hat and wouldn't let us order them.

18. BrownThunder

BrownThunder Active Member

Imagine this...

UPS uniforms, made by 5.11 tactical.

19. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Just wait until you know the DM is coming to visit the building, then break out your worst uniform, even tear the sleeve a little if you need too. Then make sure you get close to the DM and see if he says anything.

20. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Better yet, approach the DM and mention this is the BEST uniform you have, is there any means to get some better ones ordered and in soon?