Union’s proposals available

BleedsBrown

Article 18 Sec. 6 is intresting as well
Section 6. Building Heat
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Centers will be heated, where practical.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]All buildings (including satellites) will have building heat and be reasonably heated, with a minimum maintained heat of fifty (50) degrees.

laffter

Section 4 (e)

When there are employees on lay-off and a supervisor works for any reason, the senior employee or employees on the lay-off list will be made whole for the shift and work week guarantee (if applicable). This includes all pension payments and entitlement credits.

Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't the Dude laid off be the one "made whole" and getting the $ for others doing work he/she should have??

Technically, anyone laid off should have very low seniority. A guy who has been there for five years should not be laid off before someone who started two months ago. Let's say five people are laid off and their seniority is under one year. They laid off too many people and now there's too much work. Sups do the work. Someone files a grievance. The union agrees. Who gets paid? The laid off guy with the most seniority. Even if it was a lower seniority guy's work. The guy with the higher seniority should have never been laid off, and should have taken over the other guy's work.

Seniority is a stupid idea. Lazy workers who don't care get more privileges than hard workers, just because they've been lazy for longer than you have. But what is the alternative? Have sups judge who works the hardest? That's even a worse idea. It's like picking a presidential candidate. You don't vote for who's good, you vote for who sucks less.

Namraputs

Section 4 (e)

When there are employees on lay-off and a supervisor works for any reason, the senior employee or employees on the lay-off list will be made whole for the shift and work week guarantee (if applicable). This includes all pension payments and entitlement credits.

Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't the Dude laid off be the one "made whole" and getting the $ for others doing work he/she should have?? not the senior guy who is working or at least made whole along with the senior guy. after all, he was the one shafted that day, even if he is bottom seniority, it's still was his work, even if he wasn't the one who wrote the grievence!!!

Another issue, Shouldn't those at work be responsable in writing the grievence stating that work was being performed that the laid off should've had. At the very least, the drivers of the effected route that take on the added work from cut route that laid off a driver for the day!!!!

How many times has someone been laid off and because they are not there to C what's going on has no clue that a manager is running around shuttling mis loads or other work. Or doesn't know parts of his rt was split to a runner gunner who cooked burned up a blown out rt!!!! Other then that, I like the boled Introduction. Also, it mentions package drivers, not specifically defining Air drivers. We know how UPS likes to work against specifics in our contracts !!!!!

Refers to most senior laid off employee.

BleedsBrown

Section 6. Building Heat
[Centers will be heated, where practical.] All buildings (including satellites) will have
building heat and be reasonably heated, with a minimum maintained heat of fifty (50)
degrees.

That one is definitely not going to make it in.

Yea I dont think it is either ROFL

menotyou

bella amicizia
Section 6. Building Heat
[Centers will be heated, where practical.] All buildings (including satellites) will have
building heat and be reasonably heated, with a minimum maintained heat of fifty (50)
degrees.

That one is definitely not going to make it in.
It doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. OSHA has the same regulation. I have used it to get heat at my center. It worked.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Article 18 Sec. 6 is intresting as well
Section 6. Building Heat
Centers will be heated, where practical.
All buildings (including satellites) will have building heat and be reasonably heated, with a minimum maintained heat of fifty (50) degrees.
Guess they would have to move my satellite center. No way the farmer is going to heat his barn!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Seniority is a stupid idea. Lazy workers who don't care get more privileges than hard workers, just because they've been lazy for longer than you have. But what is the alternative? Have sups judge who works the hardest? That's even a worse idea. It's like picking a presidential candidate. You don't vote for who's good, you vote for who sucks less.

When you signed that job application, you realized you were going into a union right ?

The longer you are there, the better job and more money you make !

You should of become a mailman where the fastest mail sorter and fastes........... oh that's right THEY DO IT THE SAME WAY UPS DOES

barnyard

KTM rider
I do like the language about the surepost. Coming from someone who has done that for the last year **** was getting out of hand. However as a PT'er I too am a bit disheartned by the lack of mention of a pay raise for us PT'ers. 11.00 bucks an hour just aint enough money for the amount of work I do.

I would imagine it is a safe bet that the starting pay will be increased for part-timers. And when it is I am aware that it's likely part-timers who are in their 4 year progression would also get an extra pay bump because of it. What I am curious about is whether part-timers who are beyond the 4 year progression would also get an extra bump in pay in August 2013? Anyone know?

It says that monetary issues will be brought up at a later time

It says repeatedly in the press release that economic issues were not part of these proposals. There will not be anything released about any wage or benefit proposal until they enter that part of the negotiations.

I think it is pretty weak that UPS has until the end of the contract to get rid of cars without power steering. According to management, there are hardly any of them. That being the case, give them 1 or 2 years to purge the fleet. The same with cars that have lap belts only. If UPS were smart, they would counter with a shortened timeline to get rid of the cars and use that as leverage to get something they want.

M

MenInBrown

I do like the language about the surepost. Coming from someone who has done that for the last year **** was getting out of hand. However as a PT'er I too am a bit disheartned by the lack of mention of a pay raise for us PT'ers. 11.00 bucks an hour just aint enough money for the amount of work I do.

wages will not be discussed until Jan...Both sides have set a target date of March 31st for deal to be complete.

kingOFchester

The same with cars that have lap belts only. If UPS were smart, they would counter with a shortened timeline to get rid of the cars and use that as leverage to get something they want.

As you pointed out, there is only a small percentage of the non power steering package cars, so it would not make much sense to give something in order to purge those vehicles. Only a small percentage of drivers would be affected.

Brownsfan

We only have 4 left in our center. The center manager believes that after the new year, the last of ours will be replaced and crushed.

Is that what he tells you as he pats you on the back and sends you out to deliver 200 stops in that piece of crap truck?