Union’s proposals available

OptimusPrime

A free pass? I was serving my country while your mother was wiping snot from your runny nose. When I was hired it was 3-1.

Extremely irrelevant. Glad you did what you did, but having off the street hires in the equation is just awful. We have plenty of Union members who have served, and that doesn't give them some free pass to FT. They wait like the rest of use.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm thankful it was 3-1 when I started. I'm even more thankful for beating out the inside hires that started driving that same summer.

Justaname

I answered the question honestly. We've had a few drivers come in the 6-1 when the 22.3 jobs were created. All teamster that were out of work from closed shops. These guys were 30's and 40's.
I'm glad they got it over some one who was a non teamster. That would never happen in my area. In my area it's who you know or who you blow for that street hire spot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Extremely irrelevant. Glad you did what you did, but having off the street hires in the equation is just awful. We have plenty of Union members who have served, and that doesn't give them some free pass to FT. They wait like the rest of use.

Is there any kind of language in labor law that requires an outside hire provision be included in our contract?

Just a quick point in reference to the surepost proposal: I was recently told that if there are more than 2 (or 3 don't exactly remember the number) pkgs going to the same address through surepost, that the system will reroute those to the car that will be delivering them and not to the post office. This system enhancement is not in use yet, but it is supposed to be rolled out in the near future, no exact dates announced. There are certainly some shippers that have taken advantage of the surepost program and are sending pkgs that were never planned for surepost. I don't know how much relief this rerouting will be to the surepost program in most bldgs, but I have heard that surepost is expected to double this peak season from what it was last year, and we struggled with it then. Could be a very interesting peak with surepost alone.

kingOFchester

We are already getting the DUP surepost packages. They will be in your EDD and will also have black on SPA label to let you know the surepost is to be delivered by us. Did the DIAD training last night for it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you have surepost packages going to same street as a regular package they should be delivered by ups. What does having a surepost going to a house your already deliver to do...except not have the post office wait til the next day to deliver. The later will not keep more routes in, just make trucks more full on top of how full they already are...more s*6tty loads.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What do you guys think about the first paragraph...is the union just trying to calm the membership or do you think they are serious about the harassment and oversupervision??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you have surepost packages going to same street as a regular package they should be delivered by ups. What does having a surepost going to a house your already deliver to do...except not have the post office wait til the next day to deliver. The later will not keep more routes in, just make trucks more full on top of how full they already are...more s*6tty loads.

It makes ups more money they don't pay the post office until they deliver the package.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well if multiple surepost are going to the same stop we will deliver those also. I'm curious more than anything. We defiantly deliver a ton to the post office but just how much of that will come back to us? No clue I'm ready to see though.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The first paragraph was not intended to be in the contract...it's not even written in the correct form for contract language. It's a note to UPS's bargaining lawyers. It won't make the contract in that form.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The first paragraph was not intended to be in the contract...it's not even written in the correct form for contract language. It's a note to UPS's bargaining lawyers. It won't make the contract in that form.

Why isn't that a sidenote to UPS on how the workforce has been treated the last few years....like dogs