Union Activity 101

happy harry

Back on topic...

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/problem-fixed.121066/

This is awesome advice for nearly all situations. Our local sends out a little calendar book every year, keep it with you. I keep track of my time with it and use the manual time clocks in the building. It greatly helps your case with time issues, harassment, any contract violations, witnesses and attendance issues.

Taking a little responsibility (like the linked poster has) on your part can go a long way and save you a ton of headaches in the future.

Keep in mind your time logs can be used in court or in arbitrary cases as a legal document. Just fyi.

krash

Go big orange
Fredless, my brother from another mother. Thanks for such a great thread and information. Wish we had a lot more Teamsters like yourself down here in the land of cotton. Keep the faith brother:peaceful:

Scooter1

Fredless, I was only answering what you kept on asking me to answer. You might be a dedicated stewart, but your professionalism needs some improvement. You use strong language when talking about the union people you represent, so I thought you wouldn't mind getting some criticism. Those employees you call "bad apples" are still union members and deserve respect. Everyone deserves it, even Democrats (who are for the most part, pro labor).

I only know you by what you write on this thread, so you might very well be a good stewart, but there is another approach. First of all, try getting a better phone plan. They have some plans offer unlimitted calls and texting which are far cheaper than what you paying. Also why waste all that time and money driving to and from the union hall. I am sure you can handle most of your business over the phone (land line can be used) and there are faxes and emails. Keep in mind that the B.A.'s get a car allowance and also per diem pay that would cover any meals, so you can ask them to meet you a local restaurant (you can eat for free on their tab). Lastly, the stewarts in my area all get paid for the time they spend representing employees and (with some restrictions) investigating greviences. So please stop complaining (some people might call you a "cry baby") and lets move on to another subject.

Know it all, no...... just some common sense.