union dues havent been deducted out of my paycheck since I made probation.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by you aint even know it, Jul 24, 2013.

1. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

How do I get this corrected. I know that the union has to protect me regardless, by federal laws. But I want to pay union dues. How do I get this corrected?

2. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Call your local. The number will be on the Union Bulletin board. You'll end up paying sooner or later anyway, this helps you from being delinquent.

3. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Don't you worry your little head, they'll make sure to hit you up for every red cent you owe them.

I didn't get dues or initiation fees taken out until... some time earlier this year, I believe. I've got a thread about it because the situation was so :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty. "Retroactive Union Dues and Initiation Fee" I believe it's called, or at least something along those lines. Point being I was hired August of last year and it took me at least 5 months of being in the union to start paying for the privilege.

If you want to pay then there's no problem, you'll start losing about $40-$50 a paycheck once you start getting bi-weekly initiation fees retroactively taken from a paycheck that you'll be paying union dues out of. It's a god damned set-up is all it is.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

5. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

^^I like how you found a picture of a troll in brown. Nice little touch, even if you didn't draw the thing.

6. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

I just called the local number that's on the local 804 website, the lady asked for my ssn, and I told her that I don't feel comfortable giving that info over the phone, then she said she can't check it for me then hanged up.

The number is ########

Do you think its secure to give my ssn to them?

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

sorry 407...kid, call 516-867-5309 and give Jenny your social, she'll fix everything!! :whew:

8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I heard the union heard he was thinking about management and don't want him as a member.

9. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

I take it your parents did a lot of rescuing you when you forgot things and didn't let the natural consequences of your choices play its role in raising you. Just an observation...not a knock. The union will take their dues and catch up and wipe out at least 1 or 2 of your paychecks if you don't get something set up soon. If you're not comfortable giving your ss over the phone, what's the next logical step for you to take?