rdwarrior

Guys,
What's going on with these Union dues?
Got me for 75 dollars this week. Alot
of people upset about diff. amounts being
taken out each week. Any thoughts?

O

over9five

C'mon, Its worth 4 times that. I hear its going to a big organizing campaign at Fedex.

L

local804

Rd Warrior,
Your profile does not show where you are from.The last time I heard someone getting 75 bucks taken out was a rookiegetting inducted into the union.As for the different amounts, looks like there is a major problem on your hands. Instead of asking questions on the computer, pick up your phone and ask the people whos salaries you pay at the union hall what the friend%$# is going on.I think that enough food for thought.
happy.gif

R

rdwarrior

I'm in local 728 .Their supposed to take them out weekly.One of the drivers I eat lunch with said the lady at union hall told him," If you dont like it , get out the Union." He's thinking about it. Thanks for replys.

J

ja7618

The same thing happened to me, the witch at the Union office said I was 100.00's of dollars behind and that it was UPS fault, but I proved her wrong, they had taken the money out it was never posted to my account. It took some doing and talking to her supervisor.

L

local804

Wow....Sounds like you guys have problems out there. Here in NY, they take $51.00 out once a month and thats it.Just save your paystubs so if they pull some funnystuff, you can prove them wrong.Now on the devils advocates side, there are plenty of people who take family leaves, weeks off without pay,workers compensation, and just deals with the suits who really do owe the union back dues.

T

trouble1903

Why do some locals pay more dues then others??
I'm at $60 once a month.

D

dammor

LOL, union stock will really climb then.

Tieguy, I haven't been a part of this site for sometime, but have been reading what goes on here. Most of the time I'm just too damn tired to respond or feel it's worthless to do so. I realize you must feel you are being attacked by the hourly workers, but I must tell you that you seem to enjoy it. I have no idea what sort of supervisor you are or what sort of folks you are working with, but I must say you make me feel fortunate to be working with the management I am here. We can actually talk without insulting each other. I respect them and I get the same back. Union matters are handled without bloodshed. Perhaps we have grown up a bit here.
Good luck.

T

tieguy

"C'mon, Its worth 4 times that. I hear its going to a big organizing campaign at Fedex."

"LOL, union stock will really climb then."

Dammor ,
the two posts above. The second is mine, the first the one I responded to. I have no clue what your referring to here unless your telling me you like your sups because they have no sense of humor?

K

kidlogic

Tie your response to Dammor is typical. Your questioning Dammor out of context. He said "Tieguy, I haven't been a part of this site for sometime, but have been reading what goes on here" Here meaning the entire Brown cafe board over a period of time. How you can say you have no clue (well we know why
wink2.gif
) what he is talking about??

T

tieguy

Why Kid, I posted the comment I responded to and explained what I meant by it. I then specifically asked Dammor how a sense of humor made me different from the sups he had back home. I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry your not able to understand such a complicated subject. Perhaps Cheryl can direct you to a new message board called Romper Room? Perhaps Mommy will change your Di Di, give you a fresh bottle and help you to feel better about yourself.

T

tieguy

Oh I'm sorry I forgot one thing. I should have said "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you" before I spanked you. Soooo sorry.

K

kidlogic

These are your words ".I have no clue what your referring to here unless your telling me you like your sups because they have no sense of humor? " .Which is obvious that is not what he means. Context Tieguy Context. Respond to the context. Go back and actual comprehend what people say before posting. His statement is you seem to like having a verbal but kicking. That is what you need to comment on.

A

afups

Tie and Kid,

I have been coming to this board every day since the day it started. I left it for a short while because of the inane agruing that was going on.
I really want to keep up with what is going on in the land of UPS however you two are dominating most of the current threads with your bickering and personal attacks. I do not understand how adults can keep this type of behavior going.

I think it is time to call it off and start being civil. I do not take sides between you two but I do think the board would be much better if you stick to reporting facts, news, etc and stop the attacks.

If you do not, I believe Cheryl will not have much work to do in monitoring the discussions for you two will be the only ones talking.

Hope you will consider what you are doing.

Thank you for listening...

K

kidlogic

Afups I can understand your point. You dont wont to read the bickering. I know from my side that if one or two other people would express their view on what ever the topic we are discussing and show a view point I would stop. I have been e-mailed by many people on this board privately supporting my views but refrain from jumping in. I will hinder my point counter point discussions, but kinda feel that others should express their views.

D

dammor

Perhaps Cheryl can direct you to a new message board called Romper Room? Perhaps Mommy will change your Di Di, give you a fresh bottle and help you to feel better about yourself.

Tieguy, As I said before, perhaps we have grown up a bit here. And yes, the sups here have a great sense of humor, but they for sure would not find your humor appropriate. That's all I have to say. Have a nice evening.

T

tieguy

dammor I really don't care what you have to share with me. You jumped into a conversation that was nothing more than some good natured joking and tried to make something completely different out of it. The fact you align yourself with the very immature Kid shows where your head is at. The conversation I directed at him is extremely appropriate for his maturity level.

A

antimatter

afups,

I kind of enjoy the bickering and mental competition they demonstrate. Kind of like Boris Spassky facing off against "Deep Blue" in their much publicized Man vs. Computer/robot chess matches.

Guess who I think the robot is in this instance? ;-)

A