Union forcing dues on employee

Teacher

Has anyone ever had the local "force" you to pay dues? I work in a right to work state where this is illegal, but they still take dues without any consent and will not stop the dues.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
RPp5Fpk.gif

Teacher

My attorney I spoke to wants to file this at the NLRB in Atlanta. He said the cannot start your dues without written consent. Said it is illegal and the will mediate this for free and get me my money back. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this????

Teacher

How did I know just pay your dues was coming. I have the right to not pay dues. Attorney.....yes I said attorney. He is a national right to work attorney at that. I contacted my local union and they said if you work you pay dues. I said no I have a choice and she told me no you do not. Ummmm as I said before I live in a right to work state!

BrownBrokeDown

How did I know just pay your dues was coming. I have the right to not pay dues. Attorney.....yes I said attorney. He is a national right to work attorney at that. I contacted my local union and they said if you work you pay dues. I said no I have a choice and she told me no you do not. Ummmm as I said before I live in a right to work state!
You want the benefits of a union job, but don't want to pay the dues which help keep the union running to get those benefits...REALLY???

SCAB

SquirrelBoggie

My attorney I spoke to wants to file this at the NLRB in Atlanta. He said the cannot start your dues without written consent. Said it is illegal and the will mediate this for free and get me my money back. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this????
I live in a "Right To Work" state and I can say I never seen or heard this happened. When I first started I didn't join the union until my 6th month

Teacher

I wear grey for less pay. Yes I work for freight and I was doing my job before the union came in to be a yes ma'am to ups and let them do what they want. Do not and will not support it. In my contract the union has done nothing but let the company do what they want to do. Give me a good strong contract get rid of out LHD drivers, contract drivers, ect and put us all to work like they should.....then we'll talk!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I live in a "Right To Work" state and I can say I never seen or heard this happened. When I first started I didn't join the union until my 6th month
Out of purely personal interest, and if you don't mind sharing, did they take make you pay back dues for those 6 months you weren't a part of it?

tourists24

Rtw or not its still a union job. Why would you not join?