Union is done

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
There is only 1 party. The Teamster Party. As a former TDU member and Carey supporter, I can assure you TDU does not have OUR best interests at heart. We were told to resist the old guard yet we weren't allowed to question the TDU leadership, especially DL. He didn't like that, not one bit.

Hoffa loves his blind followers. You really do drink the kool aid, don't you?

Unfortunately for Hoffa, you don't reflect well on him or the other Old Guard leaders.

I mean, do you even read what you post? A 5 year old has better, more coherent, better thought out ideas than you seem to be able to manage.

BrownBrokeDown

Unfortunately for Hoffa, you don't reflect well on him or the other Old Guard leaders.

I mean, do you even read what you post? A 5 year old has better, more coherent, better thought out ideas than you seem to be able to manage.
LMAO. So your response to his post, that is completely understandable to everyone but you, is to insult him. He didn't attack you. He simply said that as a former TDU'er himself, TDU is out for itself. Oh, and also that they are a dictatorship that will not apply the rules that they want the teamsters to use on their own organization. Well, maybe I said that last sentence. Must have hit a nerve with you, huh? lol. Thanks for being so entertaining. I needed that laugh.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I see what you did there. Don't offer a counter point, instead, insult his posting style. ;)

BTW, "better, more coherent, better thought out ideas" isn't exactly Pulitzer Prize winning grammar.

Sent using a Potato

710 steward

There is only 1 party. The Teamster Party. As a former TDU member and Carey supporter, I can assure you TDU does not have OUR best interests at heart. We were told to resist the old guard yet we weren't allowed to question the TDU leadership, especially DL. He didn't like that, not one bit.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I disagree. We are Teamsters as a whole. As a membership I see three separate movements. One is the "old guard", two is "TDU", and three is a younger group of "reformers." The Teamsters are beginning to change. The "old guard" is in power and is holding on for dear life. Anyone who challenges them is quickly labeled a "TDUer" as to make them look weak. We are evolving. How it all plays out remains to be seen.

BrownBrokeDown

I disagree. We are Teamsters as a whole. As a membership I see three separate movements. One is the "old guard", two is "TDU", and three is a younger group of "reformers." The Teamsters are beginning to change. The "old guard" is in power and is holding on for dear life. Anyone who challenges them is quickly labeled a "TDUer" as to make them look weak. We are evolving. How it all plays out remains to be seen.
I wish people would quit saying Hoffa Jr. is OG. Their is nothing about Hoffa Jr. that is OG. Hoffa is a blue collar business man with a law degree. He is not his father unfortunately, and his father's dna does not automatically convey the same belief system to Jr. that daddy had. I would have loved to have had Sr. in office for this instead of Jr. We might be out of jobs now, but we would have been solidly supported.

BrownBrokeDown

Hoffa Sr would be totally out of his element in today's business environment.
You did see where I said "We might be out of jobs now", right? I agree to a certain extent. However, I sometimes wonder if he had been around for the last 30 years if a lot of the anti-union legislation, campaigning, etc would have been as effective, so that today's relationship between businesses and unions wouldn't be different?

BrownBrokeDown

Let me rephrase where I said last 30 years. It's more of, if he had been around in the 80's. He had a way with getting public support that has been sadly lacking for a long time.

710 steward

Let me rephrase where I said last 30 years. It's more of, if he had been around in the 80's. He had a way with getting public support that has been sadly lacking for a long time.

Hoffa sr. never dealt with right to work states. Some of you guys are romanticize the past. The 50's and 60's blueprint is completely outdated.

HBGPreloader

I guess the one thing that really "irks" me about this cram-down is (I feel) the Louisville hub had more than a legitimate complaint about the trams or employer provided transportation from the parking lot to the hub.
Most, if not all of us inside people, may have a 5 to 10 minute walk to get to the time clocks. Yet, because of the location and the lack of reliable shuttles, these employees could sometimes wait a half or more just to get to work - even though they were on time.
At least when management screws up at my location, I get paid for their poor judgement - because I'm on the clock. These Teamsters, not so much.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess the one thing that really "irks" me about this cram-down is (I feel) the Louisville hub had more than a legitimate complaint about the trams or employer provided transportation from the parking lot to the hub.
Most, if not all of us inside people, may have a 5 to 10 minute walk to get to the time clocks. Yet, because of the location and the lack of reliable shuttles, these employees could sometimes wait a half or more just to get to work - even though they were on time.
At least when management screws up at my location, I get paid for their poor judgement - because I'm on the clock. These Teamsters, not so much.

I think UPS was afraid to set a precedent. Some other buildings have parking lots a long way from the work areas. One I worked in it was a 10 minute walk away like many other places. Louisville definitely had a legitimate gripe though.

BrownBrokeDown

Hoffa sr. never dealt with right to work states. Some of you guys are romanticize the past. The 50's and 60's blueprint is completely outdated.
look at the date range. the 1st rtw4l state was i believe in the 70's, and the 80's into the 90's was when it really got traction. now re-read my 1st post. notice where i said "anti-union legislation, campaigning, etc"? rtw4l is nothing but anti-union legislation.

710 steward

I did in fact read both posts. The bottom line is he wasn't around and we are still using a system he set up 50+ years ago. He also had mob ties. Again romanticizing the past is all that's happening here. Times change and so does the way the we as Teamsters going forward.

You are really good at insulting people. You must be an angry person. I hope your anger goes away and you find out how to converse with adults without insulting them. Good luck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think UPS was afraid to set a precedent. Some other buildings have parking lots a long way from the work areas. One I worked in it was a 10 minute walk away like many other places. Louisville definitely had a legitimate gripe though.

UPS offered a $1K shuttle bonus in their next to the last offer.

upschuck

Don't feel to bad, this is what their rider says:
Any employee who after badging in at the guard shack, rides the shuttle, if the shuttle is available, and clocks in at their work area, and is late as a result of a shuttle ride time of over 20 minutes, the employee will be paid from their regularly scheduled start time and not charged an occurrence.
Now riding after work is another matter. Hopefully they stagger their quitting times, and shuttles ready at time. They are also getting more shuttles.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
UPS offered a $1K shuttle bonus in their next to the last offer.

If that was turned down, why did they withdraw that $1k offer?

Did they know that Hoffa would force the contract on those holdout locals?

Wouldn't that be something if UPS knew months ago that the IBT General Board would do this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem was the President of Local 89 kept moving the goal posts. Every time UPS met their demands the Local would either change them or add additional demands.

It really wasn't about the shuttle----it was about the healthcare.